Windows Vista Tips

Windows Vista Tips > Newsgroups > Windows Update > Can I delete Windows Update folders/files ???

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Can I delete Windows Update folders/files ???

 
 
mikesth
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      03-01-2004
Can I delete folders/files created by Windows Update such
as :
C:\1897b9ef5078363b2aee81875a5fb46
C:\56254acb86165b75e63697f0aa590
C:\b (yes the letter 'b' alone !!!)
C:\c683858d1b468213cab20219a55670
C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB823182$
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB823980$
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB823980_RTM$
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB824105$
C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB824141$
C:\WINDOWS\$xpsp1hfm$
etc ...

Thank you !
Mike

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      03-01-2004
The uninstall files can be safely uninstalled:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/


"mikesth" <> wrote in message
news:45f501c3ff52$e4389360$...
> Can I delete folders/files created by Windows Update such
> as :
> C:\1897b9ef5078363b2aee81875a5fb46
> C:\56254acb86165b75e63697f0aa590
> C:\b (yes the letter 'b' alone !!!)
> C:\c683858d1b468213cab20219a55670
> C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$
> C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB823182$
> C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB823980$
> C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB823980_RTM$
> C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB824105$
> C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB824141$
> C:\WINDOWS\$xpsp1hfm$
> etc ...
>
> Thank you !
> Mike
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
mikesth
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      03-02-2004
Hi
Thank you very much for your reply

I just deleted the folders starting with "$NTServicePack...$" and "$NTUninstall...$
but what about the others I mentioned in my post:

> C:\1897b9ef5078363b2aee81875a5fb4
> C:\56254acb86165b75e63697f0aa59
> C:\b (yes the letter 'b' alone !!!
> C:\c683858d1b468213cab20219a5567

an
> C:\WINDOWS\$xpsp1hfm


Can I use the same procedure ??

Thanks again
Mik

----- Jupiter Jones [MVP] wrote: ----

The uninstall files can be safely uninstalled
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spack.ht

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar


"mikesth" <> wrote in messag
news:45f501c3ff52$e4389360$..
> Can I delete folders/files created by Windows Update suc
> as
> C:\1897b9ef5078363b2aee81875a5fb4
> C:\56254acb86165b75e63697f0aa59
> C:\b (yes the letter 'b' alone !!!
> C:\c683858d1b468213cab20219a5567
> C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall
> C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB823182
> C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB823980
> C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB823980_RTM
> C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB824105
> C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB824141
> C:\WINDOWS\$xpsp1hfm
> etc ..
>> Thank you

> Mik
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Torgeir Bakken (MVP)
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      03-02-2004
mikesth wrote:

> I just deleted the folders starting with "$NTServicePack...$" and "$NTUninstall...$"
> but what about the others I mentioned in my post:
>
> > C:\1897b9ef5078363b2aee81875a5fb46
> > C:\56254acb86165b75e63697f0aa590
> > C:\b (yes the letter 'b' alone !!!)
> > C:\c683858d1b468213cab20219a55670

> and
> > C:\WINDOWS\$xpsp1hfm$


Hi

This ones you can just delete:

C:\1897b9ef5078363b2aee81875a5fb46
C:\56254acb86165b75e63697f0aa590
C:\b (yes the letter 'b' alone !!!)
C:\c683858d1b468213cab20219a55670
C:\WINDOWS\$xpsp1hfm$

If you can't recognize the file in C:\b, I would think you could
safely delete that one as well.


--
torgeir
Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page
Scripting Guide: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...r/default.mspx


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't delete emails from sent, inbox, delete box Tim Windows Vista Mail 7 02-01-2008 04:59 PM
can't right click on delete folder and delete all of the messages Toni Windows Vista Mail 2 01-27-2008 03:04 PM
I can't delete the item in the "delete item" folder in window mail Banana Windows Vista Mail 10 01-19-2008 10:59 PM
Can't delete from the delete folder? TLKpuff Windows Vista Mail 5 06-17-2007 11:56 PM
Can't DELETE from delete box Crisi Z Mifflinburg PA Windows Vista Mail 0 06-05-2007 12:24 AM