Windows Vista Tips

Windows Vista Tips > Newsgroups > Windows Vista Hardware > Linksys WUSB54G v.4 and Vista

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Linksys WUSB54G v.4 and Vista

 
 
n2gc
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-22-2008
My BIL bought a new PC with Vista. I'm trying to
upload the Vista driver for it provided from Linksys's
site. It's a zip file which opens up with a setup
and .SYS file. I cannot for the life of me get this
driver file to load in Vista.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for any help or info. Here the page with
the driver file from Linksys.

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satel...#versiondetail

The new PC has 32 bit Vista installed. Thanks for any
help or advise.
n2gc
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Colin Barnhorst
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-22-2008
32bit or 64bit Vista? According to the download site,
http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satel...=2066646109B01
The release date of 64bit drivers is yet to be determined.

I have successfully used the v4 driver with my wusb54g (original version) on
32bit Vista Home Premium in the past couple of months while I was working on
my daughter's computer but I have never tried it with any of our Vista x64
computers. I didn't have any problem with installing the v4 download file
on my daughter's computer at all. If I remember correctly you need to
install the software before plugging into the usb port.

"n2gc" <> wrote in message
news:5B707141-CE61-4801-B027-...
> My BIL bought a new PC with Vista. I'm trying to
> upload the Vista driver for it provided from Linksys's
> site. It's a zip file which opens up with a setup
> and .SYS file. I cannot for the life of me get this
> driver file to load in Vista.
>
> What am I doing wrong ?
>
> Thanks for any help or info. Here the page with
> the driver file from Linksys.
>
> http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satel...#versiondetail
>
> The new PC has 32 bit Vista installed. Thanks for any
> help or advise.
> n2gc


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
PC509
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-23-2008

He said 32 bit.

You should be able to unzip the files into a directory. Then ope
Device Manager and select the device and Reinstall Driver. Point to th
directory and it should install the drivers and work fine. If not, tr
plugging it into a different USB port and it should try reinstalling th
driver again

--
PC50

Dustin Harpe

http://www.vistarip.com
 
Reply With Quote
 
n2gc
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-23-2008


"PC509" wrote:

>
> He said 32 bit.
>
> You should be able to unzip the files into a directory. Then open
> Device Manager and select the device and Reinstall Driver. Point to the
> directory and it should install the drivers and work fine. If not, try
> plugging it into a different USB port and it should try reinstalling the
> driver again.
>
>
> --
> PC509
>
> Dustin Harper
>
> http://www.vistarip.com
> Thanks guys. I'll try it again. I must of messed up

by installing the adapter first and then trying to
load the driver. I un-install and try it again. This
time drivers first.

Appreciate the help,
n2gc
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Linksys WUSB54G disconnects when antoher USB device is diconnected MJMCN Windows Vista Hardware 0 08-06-2008 01:52 AM
linksys WUSB54G v4.0 Chris Windows Vista Networking 2 10-14-2006 07:25 PM
Linksys WUSB54G Windows Vista? [Incident: 060618-008859] Chris Windows Vista Hardware 0 06-19-2006 07:38 AM
Linksys Wireless-G WUSB54G + Windows vista [Incident: 060603-00020 Chris Windows Vista Hardware 2 06-17-2006 06:38 PM
linksys WUSB54G Chris Windows Vista Installation 1 06-02-2006 04:56 PM