Windows Vista Tips

Windows Vista Tips > Newsgroups > Windows Server > Active Directory > I looked through my whole AD and can't find the AUTHENTICATED USERS Group!

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

I looked through my whole AD and can't find the AUTHENTICATED USERS Group!

 
 
Spin
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      02-05-2004
I looked through my whole AD (Windows 2000 native-mode domain) and can't
find the AUTHENTICATED USERS Security Group! Where is that darn group??!!!


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Chriss3
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      02-05-2004
The External Trust to that Account is in the ForeignSecurityPrincipals
Container within the root of the Domain NC. How ever the account runs under
NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users.

NT AUTHORITY is a system domain, which you can't do anything about.

--
Regards,

Christoffer Andersson
No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
If the information was help full, you can let me know at:
http://www.itsystem.se/employers.asp?ID=1

"Spin" <> skrev i meddelandet
news:bvuc7o$10ru8f$...
> I looked through my whole AD (Windows 2000 native-mode domain) and can't
> find the AUTHENTICATED USERS Security Group! Where is that darn

group??!!!
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Spin
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      02-05-2004
When I do an AD global search for "NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users",
nothing comes up.

"Chriss3" <> wrote in message
news:...
> The External Trust to that Account is in the ForeignSecurityPrincipals
> Container within the root of the Domain NC. How ever the account runs

under
> NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users.
>
> NT AUTHORITY is a system domain, which you can't do anything about.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Christoffer Andersson
> No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> If the information was help full, you can let me know at:
> http://www.itsystem.se/employers.asp?ID=1
>
> "Spin" <> skrev i meddelandet
> news:bvuc7o$10ru8f$...
> > I looked through my whole AD (Windows 2000 native-mode domain) and can't
> > find the AUTHENTICATED USERS Security Group! Where is that darn

> group??!!!
> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Chriss3
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      02-05-2004
search for just Authenticated Users, that one should show up. if not check
if the external trusts exist in the ForeignSecurityPrincipals Container
within the root of the Domain NC

--
Regards,

Christoffer Andersson
No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
If the information was help full, you can let me know at:
http://www.itsystem.se/employers.asp?ID=1

"Spin" <> skrev i meddelandet
news:bvufk3$10sjl7$...
> When I do an AD global search for "NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users",
> nothing comes up.
>
> "Chriss3" <> wrote in message
> news:...
> > The External Trust to that Account is in the ForeignSecurityPrincipals
> > Container within the root of the Domain NC. How ever the account runs

> under
> > NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users.
> >
> > NT AUTHORITY is a system domain, which you can't do anything about.
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Christoffer Andersson
> > No email replies please - reply in the newsgroup
> > If the information was help full, you can let me know at:
> > http://www.itsystem.se/employers.asp?ID=1
> >
> > "Spin" <> skrev i meddelandet
> > news:bvuc7o$10ru8f$...
> > > I looked through my whole AD (Windows 2000 native-mode domain) and

can't
> > > find the AUTHENTICATED USERS Security Group! Where is that darn

> > group??!!!
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
VijayL
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      04-29-2004
Authenticated USers will not show up using tools like Active Directory USers and computers. It is a system group and its membership is determined dynamically. To permission a resource against the authenticated users Group OR any System Group you could use the Net LOCALGROUP command. Also in Windows 2000 you could use the Security tab and then click on the advanced tab and then type in the name of the system group you want to persmission against.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whole drive or Whole directory sharing Neil Windows Vista Networking 0 04-04-2007 07:02 AM
Looked through several threads on TV Cards now I need a good Video Mike Windows Media Center 1 01-04-2005 01:01 PM
Internet Users authenticated through active directory Jon Paul Jones Windows Server 0 11-05-2004 09:33 PM
Difference between Authenticated users and everyone users Ross Active Directory 3 12-01-2003 10:14 PM
Re: Strange Webcam Error, Ive looked and cant find a sol'n Geeven Singh [MSFT] Windows MSN Messenger 1 07-01-2003 01:55 AM