Windows Vista Tips

Windows Vista Tips > Newsgroups > Windows Live Mail > Picasa email compatability with Windows Live Mail

Picasa email compatability with Windows Live Mail

Serenejean

02-27-2013
Recently something happened to my friend's Picasa 3.9 which means she can no longer send photos via email from her Picasa program. She uses Windows Live Mail as her email client. When we click the "email" button after havingselected photos, for a instant it looks as though it will happen properly but the email message doesn't open. I've gone through ALL the steps offered by Picasa online for this problem. Is there a setting on Windows Live Mail?

Using MY GMail account, I'm able send photos without any problems.

...winston

02-28-2013
Ensure WLM is checked to be the default email program
- Options/Mail/General tab
- Control Panel/Default Programs (all four defaults)

Note: WLM uses/borrows quite a bit of code from IE (ensure IE is the default browser)

Optionally, System Restore to a point in time prior to the problem may be of value.

Without further information (o/s, WLM version, recent changes made to the pc, etc.) not much more can be suggested.

--
....winston
msft mvp

"Serenejean" wrote in message news:45704841-3131-4472-bae4-...

Recently something happened to my friend's Picasa 3.9 which means she can no longer send photos via email from her Picasa program.
She uses Windows Live Mail as her email client. When we click the "email" button after having selected photos, for a instant it
looks as though it will happen properly but the email message doesn't open. I've gone through ALL the steps offered by Picasa
online for this problem. Is there a setting on Windows Live Mail?

Using MY GMail account, I'm able send photos without any problems.

Serenejean

03-03-2013
Thank you for the advice. I'll do it when I visit next time.