Windows Vista Tips

Windows Vista Tips > Newsgroups > Internet Explorer > Re: Browser Cookies Disabled - but they are not!

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Re: Browser Cookies Disabled - but they are not!

 
 
PA Bear
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-10-2007
Well, that was easy.

Robyn Harcott wrote:
>> Ok - I fixed it.
>> Thanks
>>
>>
>>>>> Robyn Harcott<> 10/07/2007 8:24 AM >>>

>>
>> I am getting a "Browser Cookies Disabled" from one particular site that
>> I've been using regularly for about a week.
>>
>> The message reads:
>>
>> Browser Cookies Disabled
>> This installation of Blackboard Academic SuiteTM requires the acceptance
>> of a cookie by your browser software. The cookie is used to ensure that
>> you and only you are able to access information in the courses,
>> assessments, gradebooks and other features which are appropriate for you.
>> This cookie is NOT stored permanently on your computer, and will be
>> removed when you close your browser. It does not contain any information
>> that could identify you to any third party system or any other Blackboard
>> installation.
>> The system has been unable to place the cookie. This may be because
>> cookies are disabled in your browser.
>> To enable cookies in your browser:
>> Select Internet Options from your browser's Tools Menu
>> Select the Advanced Tab.
>> Scroll down to the 'Cookies' Section under 'Security', and select either
>> the first or last option - either 'Prompt before Accepting Cookies' or
>> 'Always Accept Cookies'.
>> Click 'Apply' and 'Ok' to close the Internet Options dialog box.
>> Click 'Ok' on this page to return to Blackboard Academic SuiteTM.
>>
>> I have check through this and I've made sure that my cookies are enabled
>> and no-where can I find that they are not. I've even added the site to
>> allow lists.
>>
>> Any thoughts on what may have happened and how I might fix it? I'd
>> rather
>> not use Firefox if I don't have to.
>> Robyn

>
>
>
>> Ok - I fixed it.
>> Thanks
>>
>>
>>>>> Robyn Harcott<> 10/07/2007 8:24 AM >>>

>>
>> I am getting a "Browser Cookies Disabled" from one particular site that
>> I've been using regularly for about a week.
>>
>> The message reads:
>>
>> Browser Cookies Disabled
>> This installation of Blackboard Academic SuiteTM requires the acceptance
>> of a cookie by your browser software. The cookie is used to ensure that
>> you and only you are able to access information in the courses,
>> assessments, gradebooks and other features which are appropriate for you.
>> This cookie is NOT stored permanently on your computer, and will be
>> removed when you close your browser. It does not contain any information
>> that could identify you to any third party system or any other Blackboard
>> installation.
>>
>> The system has been unable to place the cookie. This may be because
>> cookies are disabled in your browser.
>>
>> To enable cookies in your browser:
>>
>> 1.. Select Internet Options from your browser's Tools Menu
>> 2.. Select the Advanced Tab.
>> 3.. Scroll down to the 'Cookies' Section under 'Security', and select
>> either the first or last option - either 'Prompt before Accepting
>> Cookies'
>> or 'Always Accept Cookies'.
>> 4.. Click 'Apply' and 'Ok' to close the Internet Options dialog box.
>> 5.. Click 'Ok' on this page to return to Blackboard Academic SuiteTM.
>>
>> I have check through this and I've made sure that my cookies are enabled
>> and no-where can I find that they are not. I've even added the site to
>> allow lists.
>>
>> Any thoughts on what may have happened and how I might fix it? I'd
>> rather
>> not use Firefox if I don't have to.
>> Robyn


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gistcheckin
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      07-10-2007
No points 'til you tell us HOW!
--
Gistcheckin


"PA Bear" wrote:

> Well, that was easy.
>
> Robyn Harcott wrote:
> >> Ok - I fixed it.
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >>
> >>>>> Robyn Harcott<> 10/07/2007 8:24 AM >>>
> >>
> >> I am getting a "Browser Cookies Disabled" from one particular site that
> >> I've been using regularly for about a week.
> >>
> >> The message reads:
> >>
> >> Browser Cookies Disabled
> >> This installation of Blackboard Academic SuiteTM requires the acceptance
> >> of a cookie by your browser software. The cookie is used to ensure that
> >> you and only you are able to access information in the courses,
> >> assessments, gradebooks and other features which are appropriate for you.
> >> This cookie is NOT stored permanently on your computer, and will be
> >> removed when you close your browser. It does not contain any information
> >> that could identify you to any third party system or any other Blackboard
> >> installation.
> >> The system has been unable to place the cookie. This may be because
> >> cookies are disabled in your browser.
> >> To enable cookies in your browser:
> >> Select Internet Options from your browser's Tools Menu
> >> Select the Advanced Tab.
> >> Scroll down to the 'Cookies' Section under 'Security', and select either
> >> the first or last option - either 'Prompt before Accepting Cookies' or
> >> 'Always Accept Cookies'.
> >> Click 'Apply' and 'Ok' to close the Internet Options dialog box.
> >> Click 'Ok' on this page to return to Blackboard Academic SuiteTM.
> >>
> >> I have check through this and I've made sure that my cookies are enabled
> >> and no-where can I find that they are not. I've even added the site to
> >> allow lists.
> >>
> >> Any thoughts on what may have happened and how I might fix it? I'd
> >> rather
> >> not use Firefox if I don't have to.
> >> Robyn

> >
> >
> >
> >> Ok - I fixed it.
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >>
> >>>>> Robyn Harcott<> 10/07/2007 8:24 AM >>>
> >>
> >> I am getting a "Browser Cookies Disabled" from one particular site that
> >> I've been using regularly for about a week.
> >>
> >> The message reads:
> >>
> >> Browser Cookies Disabled
> >> This installation of Blackboard Academic SuiteTM requires the acceptance
> >> of a cookie by your browser software. The cookie is used to ensure that
> >> you and only you are able to access information in the courses,
> >> assessments, gradebooks and other features which are appropriate for you.
> >> This cookie is NOT stored permanently on your computer, and will be
> >> removed when you close your browser. It does not contain any information
> >> that could identify you to any third party system or any other Blackboard
> >> installation.
> >>
> >> The system has been unable to place the cookie. This may be because
> >> cookies are disabled in your browser.
> >>
> >> To enable cookies in your browser:
> >>
> >> 1.. Select Internet Options from your browser's Tools Menu
> >> 2.. Select the Advanced Tab.
> >> 3.. Scroll down to the 'Cookies' Section under 'Security', and select
> >> either the first or last option - either 'Prompt before Accepting
> >> Cookies'
> >> or 'Always Accept Cookies'.
> >> 4.. Click 'Apply' and 'Ok' to close the Internet Options dialog box.
> >> 5.. Click 'Ok' on this page to return to Blackboard Academic SuiteTM.
> >>
> >> I have check through this and I've made sure that my cookies are enabled
> >> and no-where can I find that they are not. I've even added the site to
> >> allow lists.
> >>
> >> Any thoughts on what may have happened and how I might fix it? I'd
> >> rather
> >> not use Firefox if I don't have to.
> >> Robyn

>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Session cookies enabled but bank website says they are not Maree Internet Explorer 4 09-27-2009 04:26 PM
emails looking like they have been sent but they haven't been rachellightbird Windows Vista Mail 5 09-13-2008 06:42 PM
IE says cookies imported. but they did not solitary_refinement Internet Explorer 2 06-03-2007 11:46 PM
WindowsLive Cookies, which cookies? Lamb Chop Internet Explorer 2 11-25-2006 10:08 PM
First vs third party cookies + delete cookies on exit (IE7) worstelm Internet Explorer 0 11-04-2006 09:47 PM