Windows Vista Tips

Windows Vista Tips > Newsgroups > Windows Live Mail > Re: Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

Re: Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

Ildhund

09-01-2010
There is one more painful aspect of this Ďinnovationí that I havenít seen mentioned in this group. Hereís what Iíve just sent to :

<quote>
The MS Newsgroups contain a priceless corpus of knowledge amassed over the years. Do MS intend to ditch this invaluable resource, or will there be a searchable archive kept somewhere for users like me to look up old posts in?
</quote>

Ildhund

09-02-2010
"Ildhund" <> wrote in message news:...
> There is one more painful aspect of this Ďinnovationí that I havenít seen mentioned in this group. Hereís what Iíve just sent to :
>
> <quote>
> The MS Newsgroups contain a priceless corpus of knowledge amassed over the years. Do MS intend to ditch this invaluable resource, or will there be a searchable archive kept somewhere for users like me to look up old posts in?
> </quote>

And the remarkably quick reply:
<quote>
Thank you for taking the time to report issues or provide comments and suggestions about the Evolution of Communities and the Migration to Forums. On the dates specified, the web links to the newsgroups will be updated with a pointer to the recommended forums and the newsgroup content will no longer be visible. In many cases, the newsgroup's content will persist on the internet and be discoverable via standard web searches. Microsoft, however, will not be porting the content over to the Forums. We invite you to archive any data you wish to keep and make use of it in Forums as appropriate.
</quote>

GIYF, it seems. I think it's criminal... I've often posted links in the forums to posts here. They will presumably die with the newsgroup, leaving late-comer searchers completely stranded. Does anyone know of an MSN forum?
--
Noel