Windows Vista Tips

Windows Vista Tips > Newsgroups > Windows Server > Windows Small Business Server > RE: SBS 2003 - errors running Internet connection Wizard and Remote Access Wizard

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

RE: SBS 2003 - errors running Internet connection Wizard and Remote Access Wizard

 
 
Brandy Nee [MSFT]
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      10-20-2005
Hello Eddie,

Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup.

I understand that you used Swing Migration method to migrate SBS 2K to SBS
2K3, and now you have cannot successfully run the Configure E-mail and
Internet Connection Wizard and Remote Access Wizard.

Please understand that since you used SwingIT method to migrate SBS server,
so we cannot guarantee we can resolve the issues. We suggest that customer
follows the document below to upgrade SBS server.

Migrating from Small Business Server 2000 or Windows 2000 Server
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../sbs2k203.mspx

=================

I understand that you have many issues occur on your side, however, we need
to troubleshoot them one by one.

For cannot run CEICW issue, based on my experience, most of the similar
issues can be caused when the Domain Name System (DNS) forward lookup zone
for the Active Directory namespace is not set to "Active
Directory-integrated". Please refer to the following KB article for more
detail information:

875421 "An error occurred while configuring a component" error message when
you run the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard in Windows
Small Business Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=875421

If the issue persists after you performed the steps above, please help to
gather following information and collect the log files for further
research:

a. When did the issue happen? Can you run CEICW and Remote Access Wizard
before?

b. On the server, run "eventvwr" (without quotation marks), check whether
there is any error. If yes, double click it, click the Copy button and
paste the full content to the Newsgroup.

c. Please collect C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business
Server\Support\Icwlog.txt.

d. For Remote Access Wizard issue, please collect C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business Server\Support\rraslog.txt.

e. Please send the all the CEICW configuration files (icwdetailsx.htm;
configx.vbs) to me (at v-) for analysis:

i. Locate the folder ''C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Small Business
Server\Networking\ICW\'' in Windows Explorer.

ii. Compress all the files under this folder to a ZIP file, and then send
the ZIP file to me.

Please take your time to perform the steps above and collect the
information for us to troubleshoot your issue. If anything is unclear,
please feel free to let me know. I am looking forward to hearing from you!


Best regards,

Brandy Nee

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
================================================== ====
This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. If you have issues
regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the corresponding
newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
You can locate the newsgroup here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx

When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check the
"Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there are
any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your newsreader,
please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
issue.

Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In doing
so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.

For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.
================================================== ====
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.



--------------------
>From: "Eddie McGlone" <>
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>Subject: SBS 2003 - errors running Internet connection Wizard and Remote

Access Wizard
>Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:31:43 +0100
>Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com
>Message-ID: <>
>X-Priority: 3
>X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2527
>X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2527
>X-Complaints-To:
>Lines: 37
>Path:

TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfee d00.sul.t-online.de!t-onli
ne.de!newshub.sdsu.edu!newsfeed.news2me.com!newsfe ed2.easynews.com!newsfeed1
.easynews.com!easynews.com!easynews!sn-xit-03!sn-xit-12!sn-xit-09!sn-post-01
!supernews.com!corp.supernews.com!not-for-mail
>Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs:162741
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>
>Hi all.
>
>We have just completed a swing migration from SBS 2000 to SBS 2003 on new
>hardware and now have some issues to sort out. I believe they are related
>issues to do with ISA 2004 and RRAS etc. however I cannot get either the
>Internet Connection wizard or the Remote Access Wizard to complete due to
>errors.
>
>The CEICW fails at each stage of the process with a dialog box reading "An
>error occurred while configuring a component. To continue with the wizard
>and configure remaining components, click OK. To end the wizard with out
>configuring the remaining components, click Cancel." It does this for
>Network Configuration, Firewall configuration and Secure website
>configuration - the only one it does successfully is Email configuration.
>
>The Remote Access wizard fails with a dialog reading "An error occurred
>while running the Remote Access Wizard. For details, %1!sl, and then rerun
>the Remote Access Wizard. Not the most helpful! This also stops the Remote
>Access Service.
>
>I'm trying to run these because;
>
>1 - VPN access is broken - I can't vpn into the network to pick up files
>etc.
>2 - Problems with antivirus updating - the server cannot seem to pick up
>updates using FTP
>
>OWA is working internally and externally, the RWW is working but unable to
>connect to either server or desktops.
>
>Any ideas where to start looking?
>
>Cheers
>
>Ed
>
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brandy Nee [MSFT]
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      10-21-2005
Hello Eddie,

Thank you for posting back!

From the icw.log, I noticed the following error message.

*** Saving ISA2k4 changes returned ERROR c0040393
*** Enabling SSL with ISA returned ERROR c0040393
*** CCertCommit::EnableSSL returned ERROR c0040393
*** CCertCommit::CommitEx returned ERROR c0040393

Based on my research, this issue may occur if the following policy settings
are not assigned to the Network Service account on the domain controller:

- Adjust memory quotas for a process

- Generate security audits

- Log on as a service

- Replace a process level token

The Network Service account must be added to the policy settings in the
list. This issue may occur if Group Policy settings that were applied at
the domain level have modified the policy settings for the Network Service
account on the domain controller. This issue may occur after you promote a
member server to a domain controller, or on a migration from a Windows 2000
network where SBS 2003 was joined to the 2000 domain.

RESOLUTION
==========

To resolve this issue, make sure that the Network Service account is added
to the following policy settings on the domain controller:

- Adjust memory quotas for a process

- Generate security audits

- Log on as a service

- Replace a process level token

To configure the policy settings for the Network Service account on the
domain controller, follow these steps:

1. Click "Start", point to "Administrative Tools", and then click "Domain
Controller Security Policy".

2. Expand "Local Policies", and then click "User Rights Assignment". The
policy settings are displayed in the right pane.

3. Double-click the policy setting that you want to add the Network Service
account to.

4. If the Network Service account is not in the list of users and groups
that are assigned to that policy setting, click "Add User or Group".

5. In the "Select User or Groups" dialog box, type "Network Service"
(without the quotation marks) in the "Enter the object names to select"
box, and then click "OK".

6. Verify that "NETWORK SERVICE" is displayed in the list of users and
groups that are assigned to that policy setting, and then click "OK".

7. Close the policy editor.

8. Run GPUPDATE /FORCE from a command prompt.

9. Reboot the server.

Please take your time to perform the steps. If any thing is unclear, or you
have any updates, please feel free to let me know. I am looking forward to
hearing from you!

Best regards,

Brandy Nee

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
================================================== ====
This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. If you have issues
regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the corresponding
newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
You can locate the newsgroup here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx

When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check the
"Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there are
any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your newsreader,
please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
issue.

Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In doing
so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.

For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.
================================================== ====
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.



--------------------
>From: "Eddie McGlone" <>
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>Subject: Re: SBS 2003 - errors running Internet connection Wizard and

Remote Access Wizard
>Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:04:00 +0100
>Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com
>Message-ID: <>
>References: <>

<>
>X-Priority: 3
>X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2527
>X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2527
>X-Complaints-To:
>Lines: 255
>Path:

TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfee d00.sul.t-online.de!t-onli
ne.de!tiscali!newsfeed1.ip.tiscali.net!news.tele.d k!news.tele.dk!small.news.
tele.dk!sn-xit-02!sn-xit-06!sn-xit-05!sn-post-01!supernews.com!corp.supernew
s.com!not-for-mail
>Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs:163090
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>
>OK Brandy - after a complete re-boot it's still not working. there are a

few
>errors in the event viewer - shown below.
>
>I have emailed a zip file with all the other files to you. Thanks for your
>help.
>
>Ed
>------------------------
>Event Log Errors
>
>Application lOG
>
>Event Type: Warning
>Event Source: WinMgmt
>Event Category: None
>Event ID: 5603
>Date: 20/10/2005
>Time: 18:19:43
>User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
>Computer: STSBS
>Description:
>A provider, PerfProv, has been registered in the WMI namespace,
>ROOT\CIMV2\MicrosoftHealthMonitor\PerfMon, but did not specify the
>HostingModel property. This provider will be run using the LocalSystem
>account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security
>violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. Ensure that
>provider has been reviewed for security behavior and update the

HostingModel
>property of the provider registration to an account with the least
>privileges possible for the required functionality.
>
>For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>
>sYSTEM LOG
>
>Event Type: Warning
>Event Source: DhcpServer
>Event Category: None
>Event ID: 1056
>Date: 20/10/2005
>Time: 18:19:12
>User: N/A
>Computer: STSBS
>Description:
>The DHCP service has detected that it is running on a DC and has no
>credentials configured for use with Dynamic DNS registrations initiated

by
>the DHCP service. This is not a recommended security configuration.
>Credentials for Dynamic DNS registrations may be configured using the
>command line "netsh dhcp server set dnscredentials" or via the DHCP
>Administrative tool.
>
>For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>Data:
>0000: 00 00 00 00 ....
>
>Event Type: Error
>Event Source: atapi
>Event Category: None
>Event ID: 9
>Date: 20/10/2005
>Time: 18:30:51
>User: N/A
>Computer: STSBS
>Description:
>The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout

period.
>
>For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>Data:
>0000: 0f 00 50 00 01 00 a4 00 ..P....
>0008: 00 00 00 00 09 00 04 c0 .......
>0010: 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>0028: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>0030: 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00 ........
>0038: 40 00 00 0e 00 00 00 00 @.......
>0040: ff 20 0a 12 48 01 00 10 ..H...
>0048: 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 ........
>0050: 90 dd 15 8b 60 e1 e6 8a .`
>0058: 00 00 00 00 20 07 d1 8a .... .ъ
>0060: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>0068: 4a 01 00 00 58 00 00 00 J...X...
>0070: 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>
>
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brandy Nee [MSFT]
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      10-25-2005
Hello Eddie,

Thank you for posting back!

From the icwlog.txt file, I found the following error information, please
see:

Error 0x80005006 returned from call to Fixing the inheritance for default
web site().
Error 0x80005006 returned from call to
CStingrayCommit::CommitWebPublishingRules().
Error 0x80005006 returned from call to Creating Web publishing rules().
Error 0x80005006 returned from call to CStingrayCommit::CommitEx().
Calling CCertCommit::CommitEx

Based on my research, any of the following possibilities may cause the
issue:

1. Tthe issue may occur if the security on the default website is not set
the way it should be. Please try the following steps:

1) Open the IIS Management snap-in.

2) Open the properties of the Default Web Site and go to the Directory
Security tab.

3) Go to the IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions setting and change the
setting. Just do the opposite of what is set. If currently set to grant
all, change it to deny all except for the local IP and subnet mask of the
server.

4) Select all to apply the change to all subwebs.

5) Select all again to apply the change all the way down.

6) Run CEICW again.

2. The Front Page extensions has been installed and it created a virtual
directory. Please remove the Front Page extensions on the default and then
remove the virtual directory that Front Page extensions created to see if
the problem can be resolved.

3. Front Page has added the incorrect information in the file metabase.xml
of the default web site. Please try the following steps:

1) Open the Internet Services Management snap-in.

2) Open the properties of the custom web site virtual directory and go to
the Directory Security tab (you may also do this on the default web site if
they have several custom virtual directories underneath the Default Web
Site).

3) Go to the IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions setting and change the
setting (just do the opposite of what is set). If currently set to grant
all, change it to deny all except for the local IP and subnet mask of the
server.

4) Select all to apply the change to all sub webs.

5) Select all again to apply the change all the way down.

6) Running the CEICW again.

If the problem still exists after performing all the steps above, please
help me to gather the ICWLOG.TXT again. Please rename the ICWLOG.txt,
re-run CEICW to reproduce the issue, and then send me the ICWLOG.TXT.

Please take your time to perform the steps above and collect the
information for us to troubleshoot your issue. If anything is unclear,
please feel free to let me know. I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Brandy Nee

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
================================================== ====
This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. If you have issues
regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the corresponding
newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
You can locate the newsgroup here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx

When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check the
"Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there are
any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your newsreader,
please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
issue.

Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In doing
so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.

For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.
================================================== ====
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.



--------------------
>From: "Eddie McGlone" <>
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>Subject: Re: SBS 2003 - errors running Internet connection Wizard and

Remote Access Wizard
>Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:04:00 +0100
>Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com
>Message-ID: <>
>References: <>

<>
>X-Priority: 3
>X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2527
>X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2527
>X-Complaints-To:
>Lines: 255
>Path:

TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfee d00.sul.t-online.de!t-onli
ne.de!tiscali!newsfeed1.ip.tiscali.net!news.tele.d k!news.tele.dk!small.news.
tele.dk!sn-xit-02!sn-xit-06!sn-xit-05!sn-post-01!supernews.com!corp.supernew
s.com!not-for-mail
>Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs:163090
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>
>OK Brandy - after a complete re-boot it's still not working. there are a

few
>errors in the event viewer - shown below.
>
>I have emailed a zip file with all the other files to you. Thanks for your
>help.
>
>Ed
>------------------------
>Event Log Errors
>
>Application lOG
>
>Event Type: Warning
>Event Source: WinMgmt
>Event Category: None
>Event ID: 5603
>Date: 20/10/2005
>Time: 18:19:43
>User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
>Computer: STSBS
>Description:
>A provider, PerfProv, has been registered in the WMI namespace,
>ROOT\CIMV2\MicrosoftHealthMonitor\PerfMon, but did not specify the
>HostingModel property. This provider will be run using the LocalSystem
>account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security
>violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. Ensure that
>provider has been reviewed for security behavior and update the

HostingModel
>property of the provider registration to an account with the least
>privileges possible for the required functionality.
>
>For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>
>sYSTEM LOG
>
>Event Type: Warning
>Event Source: DhcpServer
>Event Category: None
>Event ID: 1056
>Date: 20/10/2005
>Time: 18:19:12
>User: N/A
>Computer: STSBS
>Description:
>The DHCP service has detected that it is running on a DC and has no
>credentials configured for use with Dynamic DNS registrations initiated

by
>the DHCP service. This is not a recommended security configuration.
>Credentials for Dynamic DNS registrations may be configured using the
>command line "netsh dhcp server set dnscredentials" or via the DHCP
>Administrative tool.
>
>For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>Data:
>0000: 00 00 00 00 ....
>
>Event Type: Error
>Event Source: atapi
>Event Category: None
>Event ID: 9
>Date: 20/10/2005
>Time: 18:30:51
>User: N/A
>Computer: STSBS
>Description:
>The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout

period.
>
>For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>Data:
>0000: 0f 00 50 00 01 00 a4 00 ..P....
>0008: 00 00 00 00 09 00 04 c0 .......
>0010: 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>0028: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>0030: 00 00 00 00 07 00 00 00 ........
>0038: 40 00 00 0e 00 00 00 00 @.......
>0040: ff 20 0a 12 48 01 00 10 ..H...
>0048: 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 ........
>0050: 90 dd 15 8b 60 e1 e6 8a .`
>0058: 00 00 00 00 20 07 d1 8a .... .ъ
>0060: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>0068: 4a 01 00 00 58 00 00 00 J...X...
>0070: 08 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brandy Nee [MSFT]
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      10-26-2005
Hello Eddie,

Thank you for posting back!

Please take your time to double check the issues. If you have any updates,
please feel free to let me know. I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Brandy Nee

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
================================================== ====
This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. If you have issues
regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the corresponding
newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
You can locate the newsgroup here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx

When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check the
"Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there are
any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your newsreader,
please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
issue.

Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In doing
so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.

For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.
================================================== ====
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.



--------------------
>X-Tomcat-ID: 151803536
>References: <>

<>
<>
>MIME-Version: 1.0
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>From: v- ("Brandy Nee [MSFT]")
>Organization: Microsoft
>Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:35:41 GMT
>Subject: Re: SBS 2003 - errors running Internet connection Wizard and

Remote Access Wizard
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>Message-ID: <>
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>Lines: 206
>Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
>Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs:164277
>NNTP-Posting-Host: tomcatimport2.phx.gbl 10.201.218.182
>
>Hello Eddie,
>
>Thank you for posting back!
>
>From the icwlog.txt file, I found the following error information, please
>see:
>
>Error 0x80005006 returned from call to Fixing the inheritance for default
>web site().
>Error 0x80005006 returned from call to
>CStingrayCommit::CommitWebPublishingRules().
>Error 0x80005006 returned from call to Creating Web publishing rules().
>Error 0x80005006 returned from call to CStingrayCommit::CommitEx().
>Calling CCertCommit::CommitEx
>
>Based on my research, any of the following possibilities may cause the
>issue:
>
>1. Tthe issue may occur if the security on the default website is not set
>the way it should be. Please try the following steps:
>
>1) Open the IIS Management snap-in.
>
>2) Open the properties of the Default Web Site and go to the Directory
>Security tab.
>
>3) Go to the IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions setting and change

the
>setting. Just do the opposite of what is set. If currently set to grant
>all, change it to deny all except for the local IP and subnet mask of the
>server.
>
>4) Select all to apply the change to all subwebs.
>
>5) Select all again to apply the change all the way down.
>
>6) Run CEICW again.
>
>2. The Front Page extensions has been installed and it created a virtual
>directory. Please remove the Front Page extensions on the default and

then
>remove the virtual directory that Front Page extensions created to see if
>the problem can be resolved.
>
>3. Front Page has added the incorrect information in the file metabase.xml
>of the default web site. Please try the following steps:
>
>1) Open the Internet Services Management snap-in.
>
>2) Open the properties of the custom web site virtual directory and go to
>the Directory Security tab (you may also do this on the default web site

if
>they have several custom virtual directories underneath the Default Web
>Site).
>
>3) Go to the IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions setting and change

the
>setting (just do the opposite of what is set). If currently set to grant
>all, change it to deny all except for the local IP and subnet mask of the
>server.
>
>4) Select all to apply the change to all sub webs.
>
>5) Select all again to apply the change all the way down.
>
>6) Running the CEICW again.
>
>If the problem still exists after performing all the steps above, please
>help me to gather the ICWLOG.TXT again. Please rename the ICWLOG.txt,
>re-run CEICW to reproduce the issue, and then send me the ICWLOG.TXT.
>
>Please take your time to perform the steps above and collect the
>information for us to troubleshoot your issue. If anything is unclear,
>please feel free to let me know. I am looking forward to hearing from you!


>
>Best regards,
>
>Brandy Nee
>
>Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support
>
>Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
>================================================= =====
>This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. If you have issues
>regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the corresponding
>newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
>You can locate the newsgroup here:
>http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx
>
>When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check

the
>"Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there are
>any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your newsreader,
>please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
>issue.
>
>Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
>provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
>different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In

doing
>so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.
>
>For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
>check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
>
>Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.
>================================================= =====
>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
>
>
>--------------------
>>From: "Eddie McGlone" <>
>>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>>Subject: Re: SBS 2003 - errors running Internet connection Wizard and

>Remote Access Wizard
>>Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:04:00 +0100
>>Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com
>>Message-ID: <>
>>References: <>

><>
>>X-Priority: 3
>>X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>>X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2527
>>X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
>>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2527
>>X-Complaints-To:
>>Lines: 255
>>Path:

>TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfe ed00.sul.t-online.de!t-onl

i
>ne.de!tiscali!newsfeed1.ip.tiscali.net!news.tele. dk!news.tele.dk!small.news

 
Reply With Quote
 
Brandy Nee [MSFT]
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      10-28-2005
Hello Eddie,

Thank you for posting back and keeping us updated!

From your reply, it seems that CEICW wizard has being running correctly on
you side for many days already. Please take your time to test the machine
and post the solution to our newsgroup.

Your thread link is:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/com...r/en-us/defaul
t.mspx?&query=%22SBS+2003+-+errors+running+Internet+connection+Wizard+and+Re
mote+...&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.s
bs&p=1&tid=bf4695d9-a5af-45e4-8d19-507c48a87120

In your reply, you mentioned that the PPC and RDP through RWW still do not
work. I welcome you to post back these two issues, I am glad to be of any
further assistance!

Best regards,

Brandy Nee

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
================================================== ====
This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. If you have issues
regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the corresponding
newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
You can locate the newsgroup here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx

When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check the
"Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there are
any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your newsreader,
please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
issue.

Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In doing
so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.

For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.
================================================== ====
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.



--------------------
>X-Tomcat-ID: 31479441
>References: <>

<>
<>
<>
>MIME-Version: 1.0
>Content-Type: text/plain
>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>From: v- ("Brandy Nee [MSFT]")
>Organization: Microsoft
>Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:49:24 GMT
>Subject: Re: SBS 2003 - errors running Internet connection Wizard and

Remote Access Wizard
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>Message-ID: <mTrjB#>
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>Lines: 193
>Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
>Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs:164495
>NNTP-Posting-Host: tomcatimport2.phx.gbl 10.201.218.182
>
>Hello Eddie,
>
>Thank you for posting back!
>
>Please take your time to double check the issues. If you have any updates,
>please feel free to let me know. I am looking forward to hearing from you!
>
>Best regards,
>
>Brandy Nee
>
>Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support
>
>Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
>================================================= =====
>This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. If you have issues
>regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the corresponding
>newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
>You can locate the newsgroup here:
>http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx
>
>When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check

the
>"Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there are
>any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your newsreader,
>please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
>issue.
>
>Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
>provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
>different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In

doing
>so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.
>
>For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
>check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
>
>Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.
>================================================= =====
>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
>
>
>--------------------
>>X-Tomcat-ID: 151803536
>>References: <>

><>
><>
>>MIME-Version: 1.0
>>Content-Type: text/plain
>>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
>>From: v- ("Brandy Nee [MSFT]")
>>Organization: Microsoft
>>Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:35:41 GMT
>>Subject: Re: SBS 2003 - errors running Internet connection Wizard and

>Remote Access Wizard
>>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>>Message-ID: <>
>>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>>Lines: 206
>>Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
>>Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs:164277
>>NNTP-Posting-Host: tomcatimport2.phx.gbl 10.201.218.182
>>
>>Hello Eddie,
>>
>>Thank you for posting back!
>>
>>From the icwlog.txt file, I found the following error information, please
>>see:
>>
>>Error 0x80005006 returned from call to Fixing the inheritance for default
>>web site().
>>Error 0x80005006 returned from call to
>>CStingrayCommit::CommitWebPublishingRules().
>>Error 0x80005006 returned from call to Creating Web publishing rules().
>>Error 0x80005006 returned from call to CStingrayCommit::CommitEx().
>>Calling CCertCommit::CommitEx
>>
>>Based on my research, any of the following possibilities may cause the
>>issue:
>>
>>1. Tthe issue may occur if the security on the default website is not set
>>the way it should be. Please try the following steps:
>>
>>1) Open the IIS Management snap-in.
>>
>>2) Open the properties of the Default Web Site and go to the Directory
>>Security tab.
>>
>>3) Go to the IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions setting and change

>the
>>setting. Just do the opposite of what is set. If currently set to grant
>>all, change it to deny all except for the local IP and subnet mask of the
>>server.
>>
>>4) Select all to apply the change to all subwebs.
>>
>>5) Select all again to apply the change all the way down.
>>
>>6) Run CEICW again.
>>
>>2. The Front Page extensions has been installed and it created a virtual
>>directory. Please remove the Front Page extensions on the default and

>then
>>remove the virtual directory that Front Page extensions created to see if
>>the problem can be resolved.
>>
>>3. Front Page has added the incorrect information in the file

metabase.xml
>>of the default web site. Please try the following steps:
>>
>>1) Open the Internet Services Management snap-in.
>>
>>2) Open the properties of the custom web site virtual directory and go to
>>the Directory Security tab (you may also do this on the default web site

>if
>>they have several custom virtual directories underneath the Default Web
>>Site).
>>
>>3) Go to the IP Address and Domain Name Restrictions setting and change

>the
>>setting (just do the opposite of what is set). If currently set to grant
>>all, change it to deny all except for the local IP and subnet mask of the
>>server.
>>
>>4) Select all to apply the change to all sub webs.
>>
>>5) Select all again to apply the change all the way down.
>>
>>6) Running the CEICW again.
>>
>>If the problem still exists after performing all the steps above, please
>>help me to gather the ICWLOG.TXT again. Please rename the ICWLOG.txt,
>>re-run CEICW to reproduce the issue, and then send me the ICWLOG.TXT.
>>
>>Please take your time to perform the steps above and collect the
>>information for us to troubleshoot your issue. If anything is unclear,
>>please feel free to let me know. I am looking forward to hearing from

you!
>
>>
>>Best regards,
>>
>>Brandy Nee
>>
>>Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support
>>
>>Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
>>================================================ ======
>>This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. If you have issues
>>regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the

corresponding
>>newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely

manner.
>>You can locate the newsgroup here:
>>http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx
>>
>>When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check

>the
>>"Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there are
>>any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your newsreader,
>>please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
>>issue.
>>
>>Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
>>provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
>>different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In

>doing
>>so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.
>>
>>For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
>>check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.
>>
>>Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.
>>================================================ ======
>>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no

rights.
>>
>>
>>
>>--------------------
>>>From: "Eddie McGlone" <>
>>>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>>>Subject: Re: SBS 2003 - errors running Internet connection Wizard and

>>Remote Access Wizard
>>>Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 19:04:00 +0100
>>>Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com
>>>Message-ID: <>
>>>References: <>

>><>
>>>X-Priority: 3
>>>X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>>>X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2527
>>>X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
>>>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2527
>>>X-Complaints-To:
>>>Lines: 255
>>>Path:

>>TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsf eed00.sul.t-online.de!t-on

l
>i
>>ne.de!tiscali!newsfeed1.ip.tiscali.net!news.tele .dk!news.tele.dk!small.new

s
>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brandy Nee [MSFT]
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      11-03-2005
Hello Eddie,

Thank you for posting back!

Thanks a lot for your great SBS experience, we do appreciate it. We also
believe that your experience sharing will benifit the customers who read
the newsgroups regularly and they also can learn from your interaction with
us.

If you have questions or concerns on the SBS server, please feel free to
post back to this Great Newsgroup. We are glad to be working with you
again!

Best regards,

Brandy Nee

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
================================================== ====
This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. If you have issues
regarding other Microsoft products, you'd better post in the corresponding
newsgroups so that they can be resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
You can locate the newsgroup here:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.aspx

When opening a new thread via the web interface, we recommend you check the
"Notify me of replies" box to receive e-mail notifications when there are
any updates in your thread. When responding to posts via your newsreader,
please "Reply to Group" so that others may learn and benefit from your
issue.

Microsoft engineers can only focus on one issue per thread. Although we
provide other information for your reference, we recommend you post
different incidents in different threads to keep the thread clean. In doing
so, it will ensure your issues are resolved in a timely manner.

For urgent issues, you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. Please
check http://support.microsoft.com for regional support phone numbers.

Any input or comments in this thread are highly appreciated.
================================================== ====
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.



--------------------
>From: "Eddie McGlone" <>
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>Subject: Re: SBS 2003 - errors running Internet connection Wizard and

Remote Access Wizard
>Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 10:36:48 -0000
>Organization: Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com
>Message-ID: <>
>References: <>

<>
<>
>X-Priority: 3
>X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
>X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2527
>X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2527
>X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Response
>X-Complaints-To:
>Lines: 98
>Path:

TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!newsfee d00.sul.t-online.de!t-onli
ne.de!newsfeed.gamma.ru!Gamma.RU!sn-xit-02!sn-xit-06!sn-post-02!sn-post-01!s
upernews.com!corp.supernews.com!not-for-mail
>Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs:166872
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
>
>OK, thanks to Brandy's help we have now been able to sort out this issue.
>
>The first step was to add the Network Service account to the following
>policy settings on the domain controller:
>- Adjust memory quotas for a process
>- Generate security audits
>- Log on as a service
>- Replace a process level token
>
>I believe that these settings had come accross from the SBS 2000 domain

when
>we performed the Swing Migration.
>
>At this point the ICW could finalise the networking section, Secure Web

Site
>and Email but was still failing on Firewall.
>
>We then adjusted the Security settings for the Default Web site IP Address
>and Domain Name Restrictions - at Brandy's suggestion, we simply made it

the
>opposite of what was set. This then allowed the wizard to complete all
>settings and we now have VPN, OWA, OMA and Outloo RPC over HTTP all

working
>well.
>
>We still have a couple of smaller issues to sort out which I'll make a new
>thread for if I can't find the answers but in the meantime huge thanks to
>Brandy for the truly expert help.
>
>Cheers
>
>Ed
>
>
>"Eddie McGlone" <> wrote in message
>news:...
>> Brandy, thanks for that.
>>
>> The DNS Forward Lookup Zone you suggested that we look at was already

set
>> to "Active Directory-integrated"
>>
>> Yes, I have successfully run the CIECW at least once since the Swing
>> migration - this is done in the second part of SBS installation. There

is
>> only one vbscript configuration file there which would suggest that the
>> wizard has failed every time since?
>>
>> I will re-start the server tonight at close of business to see what
>> transpires and if all is still not well I will gather together all the
>> information for you. I will post here either way.
>>
>> Once again thanks for responding.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Ed


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Connection Wizard and RRAS Wizard errors after SBS SP1 in Neil the newbie server dude Windows Small Business Server 2 03-26-2006 10:53 PM
Re: Configure Remote Access Wizard and Create Remote Connection Disk Wizard Disappears Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] Windows Small Business Server 1 03-17-2006 08:27 PM
no connection after running routing and remote access wizard Daniel Server Setup 0 01-25-2006 05:25 PM
Windows 2003 SBS - Unable to select Speedtouch USB ADSL Modem when running email and internet connection wizard Sergio Ricci Windows Small Business Server 4 06-06-2004 10:56 PM
Windows 2003 SBS - Unable to select Speedtouch USB ADSL Modem when running email and internet connection wizard Sergio Ricci Server Setup 1 06-06-2004 06:19 PM