Windows Vista Tips

Windows Vista Tips > Newsgroups > Windows Vista Mail > Server full, but merssages deleted

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Server full, but merssages deleted

 
 
mcarbone
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-22-2009

Even after deleting most of my messages from both In & Send folders, a
well as 'Emptying Deleted Messages', I still get the warning:
-Your mailbox on the server is now more than 90% full. So that you ca
continue to receive mail you need to remove some messages from you
mailbox.-
I am using Vista Home Premium Windows Mail 6.0. Any ideas why, an
how to correct it

--
mcarbon
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.co

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Badger
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-22-2009
If you don't see Edit at the top, hit the ALT button, then click EDIT and
select Catch up to download messages from your server.

"mcarbone" <> wrote in message
news:...
>
> Even after deleting most of my messages from both In & Send folders, as
> well as 'Emptying Deleted Messages', I still get the warning:
> -Your mailbox on the server is now more than 90% full. So that you can
> continue to receive mail you need to remove some messages from your
> mailbox.-
> I am using Vista Home Premium Windows Mail 6.0. Any ideas why, and
> how to correct it.
>
>
> --
> mcarbone
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
VistaRookie
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-22-2009

The message has nothing to do with Windows Mail. That
is a message from your email provider.

Whoever your email provider is (ISP?) - you must sign in at
their website and delete all the emails you no longer want,
from your inbox on the website.

mcarbone;1541629 Wrote:
> Even after deleting most of my messages from both In & Send folders, a
> well as 'Emptying Deleted Messages', I still get the warning:
> -Your mailbox on the server is now more than 90% full. So that you ca
> continue to receive mail you need to remove some messages from you
> mailbox.-
> I am using Vista Home Premium Windows Mail 6.0. Any ideas why, an
> how to correct it


--
VistaRooki

10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be foun
here:
'*Google*' (http://www.google.com
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.co

 
Reply With Quote
 
Patrick Keenan
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-23-2009
"mcarbone" <> wrote in message
news:...
>
> Even after deleting most of my messages from both In & Send folders, as
> well as 'Emptying Deleted Messages', I still get the warning:
> -Your mailbox on the server is now more than 90% full. So that you can
> continue to receive mail you need to remove some messages from your
> mailbox.-
> I am using Vista Home Premium Windows Mail 6.0. Any ideas why, and
> how to correct it.


Yep, the message is meant to be taken literally; it has nothing to do with
Windows Mail, or indeed any mail client or OS. The problem is on the mail
server.

This happens because your mail clients are set to leave messages on the
server, and probably to never delete them. Change the mail client settings
to delete from the server after perhaps 10 or 30 days, and you'll probably
never run into the problem again.

Log into the web interface for your mail, sort by size or date, and delete
messages, starting with the largest or oldest.

If you absolutely have to leave all the mail up there forever, you'll need
to contact your mail provider and purchase more space. And it's probably
worth pruning what's there once in a while.

HTH
-pk

>
>
> --
> mcarbone
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
mcarbone
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-23-2009

THANK YOU!!

That was the problem, and I have fixed it. Thanks again

--
mcarbon
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.co

 
Reply With Quote
 
VistaRookie
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-23-2009

Thanks for reporting back, you're welcome.

mcarbone;1542123 Wrote:
> THANK YOU!!
>
> That was the problem, and I have fixed it. Thanks again


--
VistaRooki

10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be foun
here:
'*Google*' (http://www.google.com
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.co

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Deleted Messages can't be deleted from "Deleted Items" CVMax Windows Vista Mail 93 03-01-2010 04:54 AM
Email items that was deleted on PocketPc are not deleted on server Amir ActiveSync 4 11-05-2006 07:43 PM
Repadmin show (Deleted DSA). Replmon show **deleted server #1 ECL Active Directory 4 09-08-2006 11:05 PM
Public folder deleted but not listed in Recover Deleted Items James Roes Windows Small Business Server 8 04-04-2006 12:37 PM
Deleted user returns, account deleted but profile still there Ziguana Windows Server 0 11-10-2004 06:08 AM