0x80070020 backup error

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Performance' started by DaveG, Mar 12, 2008.

1. DaveG

DaveG Guest

Every time I run a files backup I get the error: "0x80070020 backup error,
    files was in use". Please can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks.

DaveG, Mar 12, 2008
    1. Advertising

2. DaveG

Tech Man Guest

Hi,

You can also do the following to resolve this issue:

Create a selective backup to exclude the AppData folder, and attempt the backup again.
    To create a selective backup, do the following:
    1. Click the Start orb, and in the search box, type backup and press ENTER.
    2. When the backup window opens, click on "Set up backup" as shown below.
    3. Wait for the backup program to initialize, select the disk where you want to create the backup on, and click Next as shown below.

Select the backup location
    4. On the next screen, where it asks you what you want to backup, select the "Let me choose" circle, then click Next.

Choose the "Let me choose" circle.
    5. On the next screen, click the down arrows below the "Data Files" icon, and drill down to the (your username)>Additional Locations>AppData folder, and make sure to uncheck the box next to AppData folder as shown below, then click the Next button.

Uncheck the box next to AppData folder
    6. On the next screen, click the "Save settings and run backup" window to run the backup as shown below.

Click the Save settings and run backup button to start the backup
    The problem should now be resolved.

> On Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:57 AM Dave wrote:

> Every time I run a files backup I get the error: "0x80070020 backup error,
    > files was in use". Please can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
    > Thanks.

Tech Man, Jul 28, 2011
    1. Advertising

3. DaveG

Tech Man Guest

Hi,

Create a selective backup to exclude the AppData folder, and attempt the backup again.
    3. Wait for the backup program to initialize, select the disk where you want to create the backup on, and click Next as shown below.

4. On the next screen, where it asks you what you want to backup, select the "Let me choose" circle, then click Next.

5. On the next screen, click the down arrows below the "Data Files" icon, and drill down to the (your username)>Additional Locations>AppData folder, and make sure to uncheck the box next to AppData folder as shown below, then click the Next button.

6. On the next screen, click the "Save settings and run backup" window to run the backup as shown below.

> Thanks.

>> On Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:19 AM Tech Man wrote:

>> Hi,
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> You can also do the following to resolve this issue:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Create a selective backup to exclude the AppData folder, and attempt the backup again.
    >>
    >> To create a selective backup, do the following:
    >>
    >> 1. Click the Start orb, and in the search box, type backup and press ENTER.
    >>
    >> 2. When the backup window opens, click on "Set up backup" as shown below.
    >>
    >> 3. Wait for the backup program to initialize, select the disk where you want to create the backup on, and click Next as shown below.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Select the backup location
    >>
    >> 4. On the next screen, where it asks you what you want to backup, select the "Let me choose" circle, then click Next.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Choose the "Let me choose" circle.
    >>
    >> 5. On the next screen, click the down arrows below the "Data Files" icon, and drill down to the (your username)>Additional Locations>AppData folder, and make sure to uncheck the box next to AppData folder as shown below, then click the Next button.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Uncheck the box next to AppData folder
    >>
    >> 6. On the next screen, click the "Save settings and run backup" window to run the backup as shown below.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Click the Save settings and run backup button to start the backup
    >>
    >> The problem should now be resolved.

Tech Man, Jul 28, 2011
  4. DaveG

Tech Man Guest

Hi,

> Thanks.

>> Hi,
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Create a selective backup to exclude the AppData folder, and attempt the backup again.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> 3. Wait for the backup program to initialize, select the disk where you want to create the backup on, and click Next as shown below.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> 4. On the next screen, where it asks you what you want to backup, select the "Let me choose" circle, then click Next.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> 5. On the next screen, click the down arrows below the "Data Files" icon, and drill down to the (your username)>Additional Locations>AppData folder, and make sure to uncheck the box next to AppData folder as shown below, then click the Next button.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> 6. On the next screen, click the "Save settings and run backup" window to run the backup as shown below.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>

>>> On Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:20 AM Tech Man wrote:

>>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> You can also do the following to resolve this issue:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Create a selective backup to exclude the AppData folder, and attempt the backup again.
    >>>
    >>> To create a selective backup, do the following:
    >>>
    >>> 1. Click the Start orb, and in the search box, type backup and press ENTER.
    >>>
    >>> 2. When the backup window opens, click on "Set up backup" as shown below.
    >>>
    >>> 3. Wait for the backup program to initialize, select the disk where you want to create the backup on, and click Next as shown below.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Select the backup location
    >>>
    >>> 4. On the next screen, where it asks you what you want to backup, select the "Let me choose" circle, then click Next.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Choose the "Let me choose" circle.
    >>>
    >>> 5. On the next screen, click the down arrows below the "Data Files" icon, and drill down to the (your username)>Additional Locations>AppData folder, and make sure to uncheck the box next to AppData folder as shown below, then click the Next button.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Uncheck the box next to AppData folder
    >>>
    >>> 6. On the next screen, click the "Save settings and run backup" window to run the backup as shown below.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Click the Save settings and run backup button to start the backup
    >>>
    >>> The problem should now be resolved.

Tech Man, Jul 28, 2011
  5. DaveG

Tech Man Guest

Hi,

> Thanks.

>> Hi,
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>

>>> On Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:20 AM Tech Man wrote:

>>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> You can also do the following to resolve this issue:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Create a selective backup to exclude the AppData folder, and attempt the backup again.
    >>>
    >>> To create a selective backup, do the following:
    >>>
    >>> 1. Click the Start orb, and in the search box, type backup and press ENTER.
    >>>
    >>> 2. When the backup window opens, click on "Set up backup" as shown below.
    >>>
    >>> 3. Wait for the backup program to initialize, select the disk where you want to create the backup on, and click Next as shown below.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Select the backup location
    >>>
    >>> 4. On the next screen, where it asks you what you want to backup, select the "Let me choose" circle, then click Next.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Choose the "Let me choose" circle.
    >>>
    >>> 5. On the next screen, click the down arrows below the "Data Files" icon, and drill down to the (your username)>Additional Locations>AppData folder, and make sure to uncheck the box next to AppData folder as shown below, then click the Next button.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Uncheck the box next to AppData folder
    >>>
    >>> 6. On the next screen, click the "Save settings and run backup" window to run the backup as shown below.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Click the Save settings and run backup button to start the backup
    >>>
    >>> The problem should now be resolved.

>>>> On Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:20 AM Tech Man wrote:

>>>> Hi,
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> You can also do the following to resolve this issue:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Create a selective backup to exclude the AppData folder, and attempt the backup again.
    >>>>
    >>>> To create a selective backup, do the following:
    >>>>
    >>>> 1. Click the Start orb, and in the search box, type backup and press ENTER.
    >>>>
    >>>> 2. When the backup window opens, click on "Set up backup" as shown below.
    >>>>
    >>>> 3. Wait for the backup program to initialize, select the disk where you want to create the backup on, and click Next as shown below.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Select the backup location
    >>>>
    >>>> 4. On the next screen, where it asks you what you want to backup, select the "Let me choose" circle, then click Next.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Choose the "Let me choose" circle.
    >>>>
    >>>> 5. On the next screen, click the down arrows below the "Data Files" icon, and drill down to the (your username)>Additional Locations>AppData folder, and make sure to uncheck the box next to AppData folder as shown below, then click the Next button.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Uncheck the box next to AppData folder
    >>>>
    >>>> 6. On the next screen, click the "Save settings and run backup" window to run the backup as shown below.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Click the Save settings and run backup button to start the backup
    >>>>
    >>>> The problem should now be resolved.

Tech Man, Jul 28, 2011
    1. Advertising