How do I convert wma files into mp3 files to transfer to my Kindle

Discussion in 'Windows Media Player' started by meb, Feb 5, 2009.

  1. meb

    meb Guest

    I have Windows Vista Home Premium-Service Pack 1 operating software and the
    Windows Media Player is version 11.0.6001.7000.
    I have been trying to transfer music from my Media Player library to my
    Kindle and it has to be converted to the mp3 format in order for the Kindle
    to be able to play it.
    I can't seem to find any answers to this in the documentation that I have
    found.
    Thanks to anyone that can help me.
    --
    mebinsights
    meb, Feb 5, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. meb

    avgjoe Guest

    "meb" wrote:

    > I have Windows Vista Home Premium-Service Pack 1 operating software and the
    > Windows Media Player is version 11.0.6001.7000.
    > I have been trying to transfer music from my Media Player library to my
    > Kindle and it has to be converted to the mp3 format in order for the Kindle
    > to be able to play it.
    > I can't seem to find any answers to this in the documentation that I have
    > found.
    > Thanks to anyone that can help me.
    > --
    > mebinsights
    avgjoe, Mar 1, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. meb

    avgjoe Guest

    I'm trying to do this also but it looks like you can't do it w/o going to
    some other software. Looks like a classic pp battle between bill gates and
    steve jobs. nerds suck!

    "meb" wrote:

    > I have Windows Vista Home Premium-Service Pack 1 operating software and the
    > Windows Media Player is version 11.0.6001.7000.
    > I have been trying to transfer music from my Media Player library to my
    > Kindle and it has to be converted to the mp3 format in order for the Kindle
    > to be able to play it.
    > I can't seem to find any answers to this in the documentation that I have
    > found.
    > Thanks to anyone that can help me.
    > --
    > mebinsights
    avgjoe, Mar 1, 2009
    #3
  4. meb

    zachd [MSFT] Guest

    Not really a battle - it's a *player* not a generic converter. That's like
    being sad that your coffee maker doesn't produce sandwiches too. =)

    --
    Speaking for myself only.
    See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    --
    "avgjoe" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    > I'm trying to do this also but it looks like you can't do it w/o going to
    > some other software. Looks like a classic pp battle between bill gates and
    > steve jobs. nerds suck!
    >
    > "meb" wrote:
    >
    >> I have Windows Vista Home Premium-Service Pack 1 operating software and
    >> the
    >> Windows Media Player is version 11.0.6001.7000.
    >> I have been trying to transfer music from my Media Player library to my
    >> Kindle and it has to be converted to the mp3 format in order for the
    >> Kindle
    >> to be able to play it.
    >> I can't seem to find any answers to this in the documentation that I have
    >> found.
    >> Thanks to anyone that can help me.
    >> --
    >> mebinsights
    zachd [MSFT], Mar 1, 2009
    #4
  5. meb

    zachd [MSFT] Guest

    Thankfully, given that I hate coffee. =)

    --
    Speaking for myself only.
    See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    --
    "Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 15:20:05 -0800, "zachd [MSFT]"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>Not really a battle - it's a *player* not a generic converter. That's
    >>like
    >>being sad that your coffee maker doesn't produce sandwiches too. =)

    >
    > Yours doesnt ?!
    >
    > Cheers - Neil
    > ------------------------------------------------
    > Digital Media MVP : 2004-2009
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
    zachd [MSFT], Mar 3, 2009
    #5
  6. meb

    JS Guest

    Re: How do I convert wma files into mp3 files to transfer to my Ki

    Can you recommend a good conversion program? I've been looking online, but
    there's a ton of them that are "free" (but they mask each song with a
    voice-over prior to producing the MP3). I don't really want to buy one of
    these and then find out it's a POC.

    JS

    "Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" wrote:

    > On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 15:20:05 -0800, "zachd [MSFT]"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >Not really a battle - it's a *player* not a generic converter. That's like
    > >being sad that your coffee maker doesn't produce sandwiches too. =)

    >
    > Yours doesnt ?!
    >
    > Cheers - Neil
    > ------------------------------------------------
    > Digital Media MVP : 2004-2009
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
    >
    JS, Mar 15, 2009
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Peter Smith

    Big problem: How to convert MP3 to WMA 7 (_not_ WMA v9 !!!)

    Peter Smith, Dec 29, 2004, in forum: Windows Media Player
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    234
    Peter Smith
    Dec 29, 2004
  2. Allnightlong219

    How do i convert MP3 files into WMA to get them on my celphone

    Allnightlong219, Jan 4, 2007, in forum: Windows Media Player
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    185
    Allnightlong219
    Jan 4, 2007
  3. Sid
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    381
  4. Ixman
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    240
    Mike Williams
    Aug 19, 2006
  5. fighting123

    How to copy movies to Kindle Fire and play it on Kindle Fire

    fighting123, Jan 12, 2012, in forum: Windows Vista Music, Pictures and Video
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    805
    fighting123
    Jan 16, 2012
Loading...

Share This Page