Server full, but merssages deleted

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Mail' started by mcarbone, Aug 22, 2009.

  1. mcarbone

    mcarbone Guest

    Even after deleting most of my messages from both In & Send folders, a
    well as 'Emptying Deleted Messages', I still get the warning:
    -Your mailbox on the server is now more than 90% full. So that you ca
    continue to receive mail you need to remove some messages from you
    mailbox.-
    I am using Vista Home Premium Windows Mail 6.0. Any ideas why, an
    how to correct it

    --
    mcarbon
    Posted via http://www.vistaheads.co
     
    mcarbone, Aug 22, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. mcarbone

    Badger Guest

    If you don't see Edit at the top, hit the ALT button, then click EDIT and
    select Catch up to download messages from your server.

    "mcarbone" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    > Even after deleting most of my messages from both In & Send folders, as
    > well as 'Emptying Deleted Messages', I still get the warning:
    > -Your mailbox on the server is now more than 90% full. So that you can
    > continue to receive mail you need to remove some messages from your
    > mailbox.-
    > I am using Vista Home Premium Windows Mail 6.0. Any ideas why, and
    > how to correct it.
    >
    >
    > --
    > mcarbone
    > Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
    >
     
    Badger, Aug 22, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. mcarbone

    VistaRookie Guest

    The message has nothing to do with Windows Mail. That
    is a message from your email provider.

    Whoever your email provider is (ISP?) - you must sign in at
    their website and delete all the emails you no longer want,
    from your inbox on the website.

    mcarbone;1541629 Wrote:
    > Even after deleting most of my messages from both In & Send folders, a
    > well as 'Emptying Deleted Messages', I still get the warning:
    > -Your mailbox on the server is now more than 90% full. So that you ca
    > continue to receive mail you need to remove some messages from you
    > mailbox.-
    > I am using Vista Home Premium Windows Mail 6.0. Any ideas why, an
    > how to correct it


    --
    VistaRooki

    10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be foun
    here:
    '*Google*' (http://www.google.com
    Posted via http://www.vistaheads.co
     
    VistaRookie, Aug 22, 2009
    #3
  4. "mcarbone" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    > Even after deleting most of my messages from both In & Send folders, as
    > well as 'Emptying Deleted Messages', I still get the warning:
    > -Your mailbox on the server is now more than 90% full. So that you can
    > continue to receive mail you need to remove some messages from your
    > mailbox.-
    > I am using Vista Home Premium Windows Mail 6.0. Any ideas why, and
    > how to correct it.


    Yep, the message is meant to be taken literally; it has nothing to do with
    Windows Mail, or indeed any mail client or OS. The problem is on the mail
    server.

    This happens because your mail clients are set to leave messages on the
    server, and probably to never delete them. Change the mail client settings
    to delete from the server after perhaps 10 or 30 days, and you'll probably
    never run into the problem again.

    Log into the web interface for your mail, sort by size or date, and delete
    messages, starting with the largest or oldest.

    If you absolutely have to leave all the mail up there forever, you'll need
    to contact your mail provider and purchase more space. And it's probably
    worth pruning what's there once in a while.

    HTH
    -pk

    >
    >
    > --
    > mcarbone
    > Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
    >
     
    Patrick Keenan, Aug 23, 2009
    #4
  5. mcarbone

    mcarbone Guest

    mcarbone, Aug 23, 2009
    #5
  6. mcarbone

    VistaRookie Guest

    Thanks for reporting back, you're welcome.

    mcarbone;1542123 Wrote:
    > THANK YOU!!
    >
    > That was the problem, and I have fixed it. Thanks again


    --
    VistaRooki

    10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be foun
    here:
    '*Google*' (http://www.google.com
    Posted via http://www.vistaheads.co
     
    VistaRookie, Aug 23, 2009
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. CVMax
    Replies:
    93
    Views:
    1,606
    mkxlin
    Mar 1, 2010
  2. Ziguana
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    360
    Ziguana
    Nov 10, 2004
  3. James Roes

    Public folder deleted but not listed in Recover Deleted Items

    James Roes, Apr 3, 2006, in forum: Windows Small Business Server
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    966
    James Roes
    Apr 4, 2006
  4. ECL
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    697
    Jorge de Almeida Pinto [MVP - DS]
    Sep 9, 2006
  5. Charles
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,051
    Charles
    Mar 15, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page