Software Removal Tool

Discussion in 'Windows Vista General Discussion' started by species8350, Sep 13, 2012.

  1. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    Update has just downloaded the latest Microsoft Malicious Software Removeal Tool.

    I understand that this tool runs in the background.

    Do I need to enable it? If so, how can I do this?

    Thanks
    species8350, Sep 13, 2012
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. From: "species8350" <>

    > Update has just downloaded the latest Microsoft Malicious Software Removeal Tool.
    >
    > I understand that this tool runs in the background.
    >
    > Do I need to enable it? If so, how can I do this?
    >
    > Thanks




    It is downloaded every month on Patch Tuesday. It is an "On Demand" anti malware utility,
    with no "On Access" scanning capability, and is executed automatically in a Quick Scan
    mode and does not need user intervention.

    You may wish to run it manually such as in its Full Scan mode.

    For a list of command line switches just execute; MRT /?

    --
    Dave
    Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk
    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
    David H. Lipman, Sep 13, 2012
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    On Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:05:12 PM UTC+1, David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "species8350" <>
    >
    >
    >
    > > Update has just downloaded the latest Microsoft Malicious Software Removeal Tool.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > I understand that this tool runs in the background.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > Do I need to enable it? If so, how can I do this?

    >
    > >

    >
    > > Thanks

    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It is downloaded every month on Patch Tuesday. It is an "On Demand" anti malware utility,
    >
    > with no "On Access" scanning capability, and is executed automatically in a Quick Scan
    >
    > mode and does not need user intervention.
    >
    >
    >
    > You may wish to run it manually such as in its Full Scan mode.
    >
    >
    >
    > For a list of command line switches just execute; MRT /?
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk
    >
    > http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp


    Thanks for responding.

    I see its in system 32 (mrt.exe).

    I assume that if I click on it it will start its scan.

    To use mrt/?, I assume that I would use the command prompt.

    Best wishes.

    A

    Ps. How do I know that mrt has scanned my pc?
    species8350, Sep 13, 2012
    #3
  4. From: "species8350" <>

    > On Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:05:12 PM UTC+1, David H. Lipman wrote:
    >> From: "species8350" <>
    >>
    >>> Update has just downloaded the latest Microsoft Malicious Software
    >>> Removeal Tool.

    >>
    >>> I understand that this tool runs in the background.

    >>
    >>> Do I need to enable it? If so, how can I do this?

    >>
    >>> Thanks

    >>
    >> It is downloaded every month on Patch Tuesday. It is an "On Demand" anti
    >> malware
    >> utility,
    >>
    >> with no "On Access" scanning capability, and is executed automatically in
    >> a Quick Scan
    >>
    >> mode and does not need user intervention.
    >>
    >> You may wish to run it manually such as in its Full Scan mode.
    >>
    >> For a list of command line switches just execute; MRT /?
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Dave
    >>
    >> Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk
    >>
    >> http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    >
    > Thanks for responding.
    >
    > I see its in system 32 (mrt.exe).
    >
    > I assume that if I click on it it will start its scan.
    >
    > To use mrt/?, I assume that I would use the command prompt.
    >
    > Best wishes.
    >
    > A
    >
    > Ps. How do I know that mrt has scanned my pc?


    Yes to both. Albeit you can just use it from the Start Menu --> Run
    facility.

    MRT.EXE creates a LOG which is appended each run.

    %windir%\debug\mrt.log



    --
    Dave
    Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk
    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
    David H. Lipman, Sep 13, 2012
    #4
  5. species8350

    Rajath N Guest

    Hi species8350

    Yes, the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool runs in th
    background automatically. Microsoft releases monthly update patches fo
    the tool on the second Tuesday via Windows Updates.

    To manually run the Malicious Software Removal Tool, you have t
    manually download the tool on your computer

    If you have Windows Vista 32-bit, please download the following file
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16

    If you have Windows Vista 64-bit, please download the following file
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=990

    After installing the software, please follow the steps provided below
    1. Click “Start” and type “mrt.exe” and pres
    “Enter.&#8221
    2. If prompted by “User Account Control”, click o
    “Continue.&#8221
    3. The Malicious Software Removal Tool windows will open
    4. Click on the “Next” button
    5. Select the scan that you would like to run and click on "Next.
    6. The tool will start the scan and will display the results when th
    scan completes
    7. You can close the window by clicking on “Finish.&#8221

    Please reply to this message if you need further information
    Rajath N, Sep 13, 2012
    #5
  6. species8350

    webster72n Guest

    David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "species8350" <>
    >
    >> On Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:05:12 PM UTC+1, David H. Lipman wrote:
    >>> From: "species8350" <>
    >>>
    >>>> Update has just downloaded the latest Microsoft Malicious Software
    >>>> Removeal Tool.
    >>>
    >>>> I understand that this tool runs in the background.
    >>>
    >>>> Do I need to enable it? If so, how can I do this?
    >>>
    >>>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> It is downloaded every month on Patch Tuesday. It is an "On Demand"
    >>> anti malware
    >>> utility,
    >>>
    >>> with no "On Access" scanning capability, and is executed
    >>> automatically in a Quick Scan
    >>>
    >>> mode and does not need user intervention.
    >>>
    >>> You may wish to run it manually such as in its Full Scan mode.
    >>>
    >>> For a list of command line switches just execute; MRT /?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Dave
    >>>
    >>> Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    >>
    >> Thanks for responding.
    >>
    >> I see its in system 32 (mrt.exe).
    >>
    >> I assume that if I click on it it will start its scan.
    >>
    >> To use mrt/?, I assume that I would use the command prompt.
    >>
    >> Best wishes.
    >>
    >> A
    >>
    >> Ps. How do I know that mrt has scanned my pc?

    >
    > Yes to both. Albeit you can just use it from the Start Menu --> Run
    > facility.
    >
    > MRT.EXE creates a LOG which is appended each run.
    >
    > %windir%\debug\mrt.log
    >
    >
    >


    This info is quite useful and I would like to thank you, Dave, and the
    OP for providing it.
    No Malware was found on my machine and one is reminded that an antivirus
    program is needed in addition to this program.

    Thank you very much.

    Harry.
    webster72n, Sep 14, 2012
    #6
  7. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    On Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:27:59 PM UTC+1, David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "species8350" <>
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:05:12 PM UTC+1, David H. Lipman wrote:

    >
    > >> From: "species8350" <>

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >>> Update has just downloaded the latest Microsoft Malicious Software

    >
    > >>> Removeal Tool.

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >>> I understand that this tool runs in the background.

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >>> Do I need to enable it? If so, how can I do this?

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >>> Thanks

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> It is downloaded every month on Patch Tuesday. It is an "On Demand" anti

    >
    > >> malware

    >
    > >> utility,

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> with no "On Access" scanning capability, and is executed automatically in

    >
    > >> a Quick Scan

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> mode and does not need user intervention.

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> You may wish to run it manually such as in its Full Scan mode.

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> For a list of command line switches just execute; MRT /?

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> --

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> Dave

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    >
    > >

    >
    > > Thanks for responding.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > I see its in system 32 (mrt.exe).

    >
    > >

    >
    > > I assume that if I click on it it will start its scan.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > To use mrt/?, I assume that I would use the command prompt.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > Best wishes.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > A

    >
    > >

    >
    > > Ps. How do I know that mrt has scanned my pc?

    >
    >
    >
    > Yes to both. Albeit you can just use it from the Start Menu --> Run
    >
    > facility.
    >
    >
    >
    > MRT.EXE creates a LOG which is appended each run.
    >
    >
    >
    > %windir%\debug\mrt.log
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk
    >
    > http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp


    Thanks for the information.

    I was wondering how useful the tool is.

    If a system gets infected then good antivirus programmes should clean the disk!

    If I try mrt, to see how it works,should I be prepared for a long wait.?

    Best wishes.

    A
    species8350, Sep 14, 2012
    #7
  8. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    On Friday, September 14, 2012 2:56:32 AM UTC+1, species8350 wrote:
    > On Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:27:59 PM UTC+1, David H. Lipman wrote:
    >
    > > From: "species8350" <>

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > > > On Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:05:12 PM UTC+1, David H. Lipman wrote:

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >> From: "species8350" <>

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>> Update has just downloaded the latest Microsoft Malicious Software

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>> Removeal Tool.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>> I understand that this tool runs in the background.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>> Do I need to enable it? If so, how can I do this?

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>> Thanks

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >> It is downloaded every month on Patch Tuesday. It is an "On Demand" anti

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >> malware

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >> utility,

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >> with no "On Access" scanning capability, and is executed automatically in

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >> a Quick Scan

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >> mode and does not need user intervention.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >> You may wish to run it manually such as in its Full Scan mode.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >> For a list of command line switches just execute; MRT /?

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >> --

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >> Dave

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >> Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >>

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >> http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > > > Thanks for responding.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > > > I see its in system 32 (mrt.exe).

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > > > I assume that if I click on it it will start its scan.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > > > To use mrt/?, I assume that I would use the command prompt.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > > > Best wishes.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > > > A

    >
    > >

    >
    > > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > > > Ps. How do I know that mrt has scanned my pc?

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > > Yes to both. Albeit you can just use it from the Start Menu --> Run

    >
    > >

    >
    > > facility.

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > > MRT.EXE creates a LOG which is appended each run.

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > > %windir%\debug\mrt.log

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > > --

    >
    > >

    >
    > > Dave

    >
    > >

    >
    > > Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk

    >
    > >

    >
    > > http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks for the information.
    >
    >
    >
    > I was wondering how useful the tool is.
    >
    >
    >
    > If a system gets infected then good antivirus programmes should clean the disk!
    >
    >
    >
    > If I try mrt, to see how it works,should I be prepared for a long wait.?
    >
    >
    >
    > Best wishes.
    >
    >
    >
    > A


    Hi,

    I have just read my log.

    I seem to get errors such as the one below.

    Any idea what the error means?

    Quote:

    Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool v4.12, September 2012
    Started On Wed Sep 12 11:48:20 2012
    ->Scan ERROR: resource process://pid:1288 (code 0x00000005 (5))

    Results Summary:
    ----------------
    No infection found.
    Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Finished On Wed Sep 12 11:52:45 2012


    Return code: 0 (0x0)

    Unquote
    species8350, Sep 14, 2012
    #8
  9. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    On Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:54:04 PM UTC+1, Rajath N wrote:
    > Hi species8350,
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool runs in the
    >
    > background automatically. Microsoft releases monthly update patches for
    >
    > the tool on the second Tuesday via Windows Updates.
    >
    >
    >
    > To manually run the Malicious Software Removal Tool, you have to
    >
    > manually download the tool on your computer.
    >
    >
    >
    > If you have Windows Vista 32-bit, please download the following file:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16
    >
    >
    >
    > If you have Windows Vista 64-bit, please download the following file:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9905
    >
    >
    >
    > After installing the software, please follow the steps provided below:
    >
    > 1. Click “Start” and type “mrt.exe” and press
    >
    > “Enter.”
    >
    > 2. If prompted by “User Account Control”, click on
    >
    > “Continue.”
    >
    > 3. The Malicious Software Removal Tool windows will open.
    >
    > 4. Click on the “Next” button.
    >
    > 5. Select the scan that you would like to run and click on "Next."
    >
    > 6. The tool will start the scan and will display the results when the
    >
    > scan completes.
    >
    > 7. You can close the window by clicking on “Finish.”
    >
    >
    >
    > Please reply to this message if you need further information.


    Hi,

    There appears to be two versions of the programme.

    One that is designed to run in the background, and the other that is designed to be run manually.

    Am I correct?

    Best wishes.
    species8350, Sep 14, 2012
    #9
  10. From: "webster72n" <>


    > This info is quite useful and I would like to thank you, Dave, and the OP
    > for providing it.
    > No Malware was found on my machine and one is reminded that an antivirus
    > program is needed in addition to this program.
    >
    > Thank you very much.
    >
    > Harry.


    Yes Harry, an Anti virus application that provides both "On Demand" and "On
    Access" scanning. The Microsoft malicious Software Removal Tool has a
    limited malware target list and only performs "On Demand" scanning and is
    only updated 12 times per year.

    --
    Dave
    Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk
    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
    David H. Lipman, Sep 14, 2012
    #10
  11. From: "species8350" <>


    > Thanks for the information.
    >
    > I was wondering how useful the tool is.
    >
    > If a system gets infected then good antivirus programmes should clean the
    > disk!
    >
    > If I try mrt, to see how it works,should I be prepared for a long wait.?
    >
    > Best wishes.
    >
    > A


    Its for the situation where there is no full tiome AV application is
    installed on the PC as well if the fulltime AV application is installed but
    fails to detgect the malware detected by the MS MRT utility. It is a
    supplement.

    --
    Dave
    Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk
    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
    David H. Lipman, Sep 14, 2012
    #11
  12. From: "Rajath N" <>

    > Hi species8350,
    >
    > Yes, the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool runs in the
    > background automatically. Microsoft releases monthly update patches for
    > the tool on the second Tuesday via Windows Updates.
    >
    > To manually run the Malicious Software Removal Tool, you have to
    > manually download the tool on your computer.


    Nope. it is already on your PC. One does not have to manually download the
    utility unless their PC is NOT connected to the Intgermnet and is not
    getting regular patch Tuesday updates.


    >
    > If you have Windows Vista 32-bit, please download the following file:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16
    >
    > If you have
    > Windows Vista 64-bit, please download the following file:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=9905 After
    > installing the software,
    > please follow the steps provided below: 1. Click
    > “Start” and type
    > “mrt.exe” and press
    > “Enter.”
    > 2. If prompted by “User Account
    > Control”, click on
    > “Continue.”
    > 3. The Malicious
    > Software Removal Tool windows will open.
    > 4. Click on the
    > “Next” button.
    > 5. Select the scan that you would like
    > to run and click on "Next."
    > 6. The tool will start the scan and will
    > display the results when the
    > scan completes.
    > 7. You can close the window
    > by clicking on “Finish.”
    >
    > Please reply to this message if
    > you need further information.


    What's with all the &#---- code crap ?

    User-Agent: vBulletin USENET gateway
    It's SHIT! Access the Microsoft news groups directly from Usenet and use a
    NNTP client, not a web b rowser access a so-called web forum.


    --
    Dave
    Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk
    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
    David H. Lipman, Sep 14, 2012
    #12
  13. From: "species8350" <>


    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > There appears to be two versions of the programme.
    >
    > One that is designed to run in the background, and the other that is
    > designed to be run
    > manually.
    >
    > Am I correct?
    >
    > Best wishes.


    No. Incorrect. It ONLY runs invisibly when it is downloaded and executed
    each patch Tuesday.

    To " run in the background" infers that that this is a full time anti virus
    application that performs "On Access" scanning and that is NOT true. I'll
    state it one morte time. it is ONLY an "On Demand" scanner.

    On Demand - An anti malware scanner that scans mediam, a file or folder
    based upon a direct request.

    On Access - An anti malware scanner that scans files and data streams while
    the data is written to or read from media.

    Now here's where the benefit of a secondary On Demand scanner comes in when
    one has a full installed anti virus solution providing "On Access" scanning.
    Let's say that one has Kaspersky anti virus software installed and it is
    September 2012 Patch Tuesday. The MRT for 9/2012 will be downloaded and
    executed. As the MRT scans specific areas of the hard disk (unless you
    provide it the command line switch for a "Full Scan" it scans a limited area
    of the system only) it is opening files on an "On Demand" basis and is
    scanning them based upon signatures of malware known by the MRT. As the MRT
    opens each file, Kaspersky performs an "On access" scan of the file and then
    MRT scans the file. Thus you get the benefit of two different anti malware
    vendors scanning the file using dissimilar signatures but both with the same
    goal. The disadvatage is the latency of the overall scanning time
    introduced by two anti malware scanners opening and scanning the files.


    --
    Dave
    Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk
    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
    David H. Lipman, Sep 14, 2012
    #13
  14. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    On Friday, September 14, 2012 4:08:58 AM UTC+1, David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "species8350" <>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > >

    >
    > > Hi,

    >
    > >

    >
    > > There appears to be two versions of the programme.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > One that is designed to run in the background, and the other that is

    >
    > > designed to be run

    >
    > > manually.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > Am I correct?

    >
    > >

    >
    > > Best wishes.

    >
    >
    >
    > No. Incorrect. It ONLY runs invisibly when it is downloaded and executed
    >
    > each patch Tuesday.
    >
    >
    >
    > To " run in the background" infers that that this is a full time anti virus
    >
    > application that performs "On Access" scanning and that is NOT true. I'll
    >
    > state it one morte time. it is ONLY an "On Demand" scanner.
    >
    >
    >
    > On Demand - An anti malware scanner that scans mediam, a file or folder
    >
    > based upon a direct request.
    >
    >
    >
    > On Access - An anti malware scanner that scans files and data streams while
    >
    > the data is written to or read from media.
    >
    >
    >
    > Now here's where the benefit of a secondary On Demand scanner comes in when
    >
    > one has a full installed anti virus solution providing "On Access" scanning.
    >
    > Let's say that one has Kaspersky anti virus software installed and it is
    >
    > September 2012 Patch Tuesday. The MRT for 9/2012 will be downloaded and
    >
    > executed. As the MRT scans specific areas of the hard disk (unless you
    >
    > provide it the command line switch for a "Full Scan" it scans a limited area
    >
    > of the system only) it is opening files on an "On Demand" basis and is
    >
    > scanning them based upon signatures of malware known by the MRT. As the MRT
    >
    > opens each file, Kaspersky performs an "On access" scan of the file and then
    >
    > MRT scans the file. Thus you get the benefit of two different anti malware
    >
    > vendors scanning the file using dissimilar signatures but both with the same
    >
    > goal. The disadvatage is the latency of the overall scanning time
    >
    > introduced by two anti malware scanners opening and scanning the files.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk
    >
    > http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp


    Thank you.

    Can you comment on the errors that my logfile reports?

    Thanks
    species8350, Sep 14, 2012
    #14
  15. From: "species8350" <>

    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Can you comment on the errors that my logfile reports?
    >
    > Thanks



    Nope. I have errors in my logs on multiple computers.

    From the PC responding to this post...

    Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool v4.12, September 2012
    Started On Tue Sep 11 20:50:32 2012
    ->Scan ERROR: resource service://Iomega Activity Disk2 (code 0x0000054F (1359))

    Results Summary:
    ----------------
    No infection found.
    Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Finished On Tue Sep 11 20:53:53 2012


    Return code: 0 (0x0)


    --
    Dave
    Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk
    http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
    David H. Lipman, Sep 14, 2012
    #15
  16. species8350

    species8350 Guest

    On Friday, September 14, 2012 12:49:35 PM UTC+1, David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "species8350" <>
    >
    >
    >
    > >

    >
    > > Thank you.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > Can you comment on the errors that my logfile reports?

    >
    > >

    >
    > > Thanks

    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nope. I have errors in my logs on multiple computers.
    >
    >
    >
    > From the PC responding to this post...
    >
    >
    >
    > Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool v4.12, September 2012
    >
    > Started On Tue Sep 11 20:50:32 2012
    >
    > ->Scan ERROR: resource service://Iomega Activity Disk2 (code 0x0000054F (1359))
    >
    >
    >
    > Results Summary:
    >
    > ----------------
    >
    > No infection found.
    >
    > Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Finished On Tue Sep 11 20:53:53 2012
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Return code: 0 (0x0)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    >
    > Dave
    >
    > Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://multi-av.thespykiller.co.uk
    >
    > http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp


    OK.

    Best wishes
    species8350, Sep 15, 2012
    #16
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Dean-Dean

    Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Available

    Dean-Dean, Nov 15, 2006, in forum: Windows Vista Security
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    224
    Dean-Dean
    Nov 15, 2006
  2. Zygy

    Malicious Software Removal Tool

    Zygy, Jul 14, 2007, in forum: Windows Vista Security
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    421
    dean-dean
    Jul 31, 2007
  3. Dean-Dean

    Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

    Dean-Dean, Nov 15, 2006, in forum: Windows Vista General Discussion
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    214
    MICHAEL
    Nov 16, 2006
  4. Smithy

    Malicious Software Removal Tool issue

    Smithy, Mar 15, 2007, in forum: Windows Vista General Discussion
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    274
    Smithy
    Mar 15, 2007
  5. CWLee

    Malicious Software Removal Tool?

    CWLee, Feb 19, 2008, in forum: Windows Vista General Discussion
    Replies:
    25
    Views:
    717
    David H. Lipman
    Feb 23, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page