Windows Vista Tips

Windows Vista Tips > Newsgroups > Windows Vista Networking > virtual server r2 on vista b2

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

virtual server r2 on vista b2

 
 
Bob Willer
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      05-31-2006
I have Virtual Server R2 running on Vista B2. However, I cannot get the
network connection working on a clean install of Windows XP virtual machine.
The network connection has "Limited or no connectivity". The Virtual
Machine Additions (13.552) are installed, and that didn't seem to help.

Does anybody have this working successfully?

Thanks,
Bob Willer [267513]


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Zack Whittaker
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      05-31-2006
You might want to post this on the microsoft.public.virtualserver newsgroup
as it "feels" like a problem with Virtual Server )

--
Zack Whittaker
» ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk
» MSBlog on ResDev: www.msblog.org
» Vista Knowledge Base: www.vistabase.co.uk
» This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
rights. All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and not
of my employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared
that up!

--: Original message follows :--
"Bob Willer" <> wrote in message
news:OWa%...
>I have Virtual Server R2 running on Vista B2. However, I cannot get the
>network connection working on a clean install of Windows XP virtual
>machine. The network connection has "Limited or no connectivity". The
>Virtual Machine Additions (13.552) are installed, and that didn't seem to
>help.
>
> Does anybody have this working successfully?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob Willer [267513]
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      05-31-2006
No its not, its a Vista issue. Its strange you can't find a solution to
problems in a program you recommend so enthusiastically. Bob, I would go
with VM Ware, it is compatible with Vista out of the box.
--
--
Andre
Windows Connected | http://www.windowsconnected.com
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Zack Whittaker" <> wrote in message
news:...
> You might want to post this on the microsoft.public.virtualserver
> newsgroup as it "feels" like a problem with Virtual Server )
>
> --
> Zack Whittaker
> » ZackNET Enterprises: www.zacknet.co.uk
> » MSBlog on ResDev: www.msblog.org
> » Vista Knowledge Base: www.vistabase.co.uk
> » This mailing is provided "as is" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights. All opinions expressed are those of myself unless stated so, and
> not
> of my employer, best friend, Ghandi, my mother or my cat. Glad we cleared
> that up!
>
> --: Original message follows :--
> "Bob Willer" <> wrote in message
> news:OWa%...
>>I have Virtual Server R2 running on Vista B2. However, I cannot get the
>>network connection working on a clean install of Windows XP virtual
>>machine. The network connection has "Limited or no connectivity". The
>>Virtual Machine Additions (13.552) are installed, and that didn't seem to
>>help.
>>
>> Does anybody have this working successfully?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bob Willer [267513]
>>
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
JohnS
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-26-2006
I'm trying to run Virtual Server R2 on Vista B2 as well but when I go to the
administration web page I see an error message which states:

"The following error occurred:
An error occurred accessing the website application data folder."

This message prevents me from creating a virtual machine.

The Recent Events log on this page shows that the service is running and
started OK.

This looks like a permissions issue but since I'm logged in with admin
rights I'm not sure what I need to change. Does anyone know what the problem
is?

An initial observation I have about Vista is that it is quite irritating to
use. When I log into a machine as an administrator I don't expect the machine
to constantly ask me if it is OK to do things which I have asked it to do.
Obviously, Microsoft have really tried to address security issues with this
release of Windows but there's a fine line between security and usability -
or am I missing something?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Tony W
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      08-01-2006
You took the words right out of my mouth. If I loging as a admin, DONT ask me
anything. I know what I want to do, LET ME. This is nuts and a HUGE pain.
KEY items like OWA do not work!?!?! What is that about? I know, I know, its
beta dude, what do you want? Answer: Let me do my job if I'm an admin and
make the basic functions work. Thats not asking to much, is it?
--
Tony Wieczorek
CCNP, CCDP, MCSE, CNE


"JohnS" wrote:

> I'm trying to run Virtual Server R2 on Vista B2 as well but when I go to the
> administration web page I see an error message which states:
>
> "The following error occurred:
> An error occurred accessing the website application data folder."
>
> This message prevents me from creating a virtual machine.
>
> The Recent Events log on this page shows that the service is running and
> started OK.
>
> This looks like a permissions issue but since I'm logged in with admin
> rights I'm not sure what I need to change. Does anyone know what the problem
> is?
>
> An initial observation I have about Vista is that it is quite irritating to
> use. When I log into a machine as an administrator I don't expect the machine
> to constantly ask me if it is OK to do things which I have asked it to do.
> Obviously, Microsoft have really tried to address security issues with this
> release of Windows but there's a fine line between security and usability -
> or am I missing something?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Virtual PC -> Virtual Server -> Virtual PC = BORK nak Virtual PC 6 05-27-2009 10:08 AM
Virtual WHS -- Virtual PC or Virtual Server? David Wilkinson Virtual PC 8 01-20-2009 09:47 AM
migrate Hyper-V virtual machine to virtual server/virtual PC 2007 Larry Scott Windows Server 1 03-17-2008 10:02 PM
Convert from vmware virtual disk file to Virtual PC virtual disk f luis.spain Virtual PC 3 01-20-2008 09:53 PM
Virtual Server Manager - Switch Virtual Server option Ted Wagner Virtual PC 1 10-06-2004 05:19 PM