Windows Vista Tips

Windows Vista Tips > Newsgroups > Windows Live Mail > Windows Live Mail (2011) FROM and TO column hell

Windows Live Mail (2011) FROM and TO column hell

Ian P

03-12-2013
Hi, we're using WLM 2011 (Vista).
I have had to add both FROM and TO columns for Sent and Inbox folders because if I set them up properly (FROM under Inbox and TO under Sent) then one of the folders reverts to the asme columns as the other which totally confuses us all.

Surely, Sent and Inox folder column settings should be independent!?!?
Thanks.I.

Ildhund

03-12-2013
Ian P wrote ...

> Hi, we're using WLM 2011 (Vista).
> I have had to add both FROM and TO columns for Sent and Inbox folders because if I set them up properly (FROM under Inbox and TO under Sent) then one of the folders reverts to the asme columns as the other which totally confuses us all.
>
> Surely, Sent and Inox folder column settings should be independent!?!?

There are a number of settings for columns to be displayed. For each type of account (POP3, HTTP, IMAP), the /Sent items/ folder has its own set of columns while all others, including user-created ones, will have another. These settings are stored in the registry. If they're not sticking, could there be some real-time protection software running on the computer that prevents changes to the registry?
--
Noel