Windows Vista Tips

Windows Vista Tips > Newsgroups > Windows Update > WindowsUpdate_C004D302 WindowsUpdate_dt000 error

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

WindowsUpdate_C004D302 WindowsUpdate_dt000 error

 
 
Topgeeza
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-13-2007
Hi,
I get an errorwhen trying to do a Windows Update. The error is "Windows
could not search for new updates , errors found Code C004D302"

Can anyone help with this please?
Cheers
Neil.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gistcheckin
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-13-2007
See if this helps:
http://geekswithblogs.net/stevecleme...-a-domain.aspx

You might also try disabling the GPO setting

How to edit the GPO that disable " specify intranet Microsoft update service
location"

1.Run mmc->File->Add/Remove Snap-in->Find "Group Policy Object
Editor"->Add->Local machine->Finish->OK
2.Set the Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows
Components->Windows Update "specify intranet Microsoft update service
location" as not configured.
3.Update again.
4.OK, the issue should be resolved.

--
Gistcheckin


"Topgeeza" wrote:

> Hi,
> I get an errorwhen trying to do a Windows Update. The error is "Windows
> could not search for new updates , errors found Code C004D302"
>
> Can anyone help with this please?
> Cheers
> Neil.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Topgeeza
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-14-2007
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. However, my pc's not part of a domain (it's in a
workgroup) and there's no Group Policies either on my machine, so i'm unable
to load "group policy object' as it's not an available snap-in.

Do you have any other suggestions?
Cheers
Neil.

"Gistcheckin" wrote:

> See if this helps:
> http://geekswithblogs.net/stevecleme...-a-domain.aspx
>
> You might also try disabling the GPO setting
>
> How to edit the GPO that disable " specify intranet Microsoft update service
> location"
>
> 1.Run mmc->File->Add/Remove Snap-in->Find "Group Policy Object
> Editor"->Add->Local machine->Finish->OK
> 2.Set the Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows
> Components->Windows Update "specify intranet Microsoft update service
> location" as not configured.
> 3.Update again.
> 4.OK, the issue should be resolved.
>
> --
> Gistcheckin
>
>
> "Topgeeza" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I get an errorwhen trying to do a Windows Update. The error is "Windows
> > could not search for new updates , errors found Code C004D302"
> >
> > Can anyone help with this please?
> > Cheers
> > Neil.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Gistcheckin
Guest
Posts: n/a

 
      06-14-2007
Yes. Would you mind posting your Windows Update log regarding the error?
--
Gistcheckin


"Topgeeza" wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for your reply. However, my pc's not part of a domain (it's in a
> workgroup) and there's no Group Policies either on my machine, so i'm unable
> to load "group policy object' as it's not an available snap-in.
>
> Do you have any other suggestions?
> Cheers
> Neil.
>
> "Gistcheckin" wrote:
>
> > See if this helps:
> > http://geekswithblogs.net/stevecleme...-a-domain.aspx
> >
> > You might also try disabling the GPO setting
> >
> > How to edit the GPO that disable " specify intranet Microsoft update service
> > location"
> >
> > 1.Run mmc->File->Add/Remove Snap-in->Find "Group Policy Object
> > Editor"->Add->Local machine->Finish->OK
> > 2.Set the Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows
> > Components->Windows Update "specify intranet Microsoft update service
> > location" as not configured.
> > 3.Update again.
> > 4.OK, the issue should be resolved.
> >
> > --
> > Gistcheckin
> >
> >
> > "Topgeeza" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I get an errorwhen trying to do a Windows Update. The error is "Windows
> > > could not search for new updates , errors found Code C004D302"
> > >
> > > Can anyone help with this please?
> > > Cheers
> > > Neil.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Window update error WindowsUpdate_80080005 WindowsUpdate_dt000 chen Windows Vista General Discussion 5 04-02-2009 07:28 PM
Error 8007064 WindowsUpdate_dt000 Quentin Windows Update 0 12-15-2007 03:39 PM
Error 80070103 WindowsUpdate_dt000 Sunbear Windows Update 1 11-20-2007 05:57 PM
windows update error : WindowsUpdate_8024402F WindowsUpdate_dt000 Papy Windows Update 1 05-31-2007 10:01 AM
Error 8024400A - WindowsUpdate_8024400A WindowsUpdate_dt000 xmix77 Windows Update 10 10-18-2006 11:45 PM