administrator password

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Administration' started by jonnywipeout, May 9, 2010.

1. jonnywipeout

jonnywipeout Guest

Hi Is it possible in any way to access the admin password from standard user account? Have bought an old DELL and they cant remember the admin password just the standard user one.....i cant remove any programs or anything and i dont want to reinstall just yet?Any help would be welcome?Jon:unsure:

Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

jonnywipeout, May 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. jonnywipeout

silinas192

1.you can go into safe mode (F8 at logo when booting up) and enter as administrator and then go to accounts and change windows password and that's with XP. I haven't forgotten password for a pc before but can enter any XP pc in safe if the owner hasn't gone into safe mode and designated a password for "administrator" and usually only have a password for the user account but never have tried on Vista or Win7.

2.if that does not work,you can use software to reset the windows password I know a windows password tool just like below Windows Password Key 8.0

silinas192, May 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. jonnywipeout

Maggiechen

this tool is credible

There’s a way to reset the password and it doesn’t involve reformatting and reinstalling Windows. The solution is called Windows Password Recovery 6.0 .It can reset almost all Windows passwords in seconds.

Maggiechen, Jun 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question