administrator

Discussion in 'General Windows Vista Discussion' started by busyyou, Jun 25, 2008.

1. busyyou

busyyou

Can someone help me please. I wish to check my files. I type cmd in Run, OK, and then sfc /scannow, enter. I am then advised I have to be the administrator to do this. I am the administrator however I have not enter a password, so am not required to enter one when the computer boots. Could this be the reason it is not reconizing me as the administrator and if I do provide a password will this fix the problem? Will I then be able after running the program revert back by deleting the password as I do not want to be continuing providing one everytime I log on. Thank you.

busyyou, Jun 25, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. busyyou

Ian Administrator

After you type in cmd, try pressing CTRL+SHIFT+Enter instead of clicking OK - this should load the command prompt in administrator mode :)

Ian, Jun 26, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. busyyou

Dinker

I wanted to do the same as busyyou and followed CTRL+SHIFT+Enter as you suggested but it did NOT work.

Dinker

Dinker, Mar 19, 2009
  4. busyyou

garnet

I found the instructions for that:

Click Windows button>All programs>accessories

Right click Command Prompt option, then select "Run as administrator" from the resulting menu

With Command Prompt window showing, type in: sfc/scannow [Enter]

garnet, Jul 13, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question