Away From Computor Message

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Mail' started by FOXYGRAM, Nov 30, 2008.

1. FOXYGRAM

FOXYGRAM Guest

When going on vacation I'd like to activate an out-going e-mail that will
    generate when a e-mail is received. I've been able to do this with past
    Microsoft programs, However I've never found on VISTA where this is
    available. Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks.

FOXYGRAM, Nov 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. You can do this with a message rule (If the recipient is YOU, reply with (Canned message).
    However if you do that, you will answer every piece of spam and let them know your address is valid and worth more to sell.
    Better idea is to check your messages (use the ISP's web mail feature) on another computer and reply to those that need an answer.
    Almost every hotel now has Internet, libraries have Internet and in Europe that are lots of cyber cafe that will rent you Internet.

Richard in AZ, Nov 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Additionally, if you are unable to check mail while on vacation, use
    your mail provider's vacation reply feature, usually accessible through
    their webmail portal. Leaving a home PC turned on 24/7 is not safe,
    and even the briefest power failure is likely to upset your scheme.

--
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

You can do this with a message rule (If the recipient is YOU, reply with (Canned message).
    However if you do that, you will answer every piece of spam and let them know your address is valid and worth more to sell.
    Better idea is to check your messages (use the ISP's web mail feature) on another computer and reply to those that need an answer.
    Almost every hotel now has Internet, libraries have Internet and in Europe that are lots of cyber cafe that will rent you
    Internet.

Gary VanderMolen, Nov 30, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question