BLACK SCREEN of DEATH! HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Support' started by Flexrock, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Flexrock

Flexrock

I have read one other post on this site about Vista not loading. Here is my issue:

When I start my computer all goes well until after the windos logo welcomes you. My screen is completely black except for the mouse pointer. I can see it and move it around. My screen saver is visible too after 5 minutes, so my monitor is fine. I can access nothing on my desktop as everything is black. I tried installing Vista operating system disk but still nothing as I can not see anything. When I start in safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, safemode with networking, they all have the same black screen.and it says everything is disabled. The error message reads No Hard Disk which would mean my 3 month old computer has a faulty hard drive?

This is a brand new Gateway Intel Core 2 LX6810-01 Model desktop that is worthles right now.

Error messages I receive are as follows:

C:\windows\system32\MSIMG32.dll - has error

C:\windows\system32\NVSVC64.DLL - application error

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Flexrock

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
    Flexrock, Oct 5, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Flexrock

SofiaBrown

Try following method to get rid of Black screen problem.
    1) TAKE OUT YOUR LAPTOP BATTERY
    2) REMOVE YOUR AC ADAPTOR CORD, that's the wall power, remove it.
    3) NOW HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR 30 SECONDS

That will drain any static electricity that has built up on your laptop system board and many times fixes the problem of a black screen. After the 30 seconds re-connect your laptop to the wall power and hit the power button normally and see if the laptop comes back up.

SofiaBrown, Aug 27, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question