blank errror message when hit send/recieve, do not get emails unless I manually hit receive button

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Mail' started by Elizabeth Angelino, Aug 29, 2009.

  1. I should be able to have emails automatically show up on my screen, but I
    only get them when I specifically hit the recieve button, when I hit the
    send recieve button, I get a blank error message, also get the message when
    I send mail- but the mail is sent.

    Called verizon, they say it isn't thier issue since I can recieve emails,
    called hp because brand new computer, they say it is a windows issue, they
    said it was an hp issues, called hp back and was told windows is
    incompatible with norton, so uninstalled norton, still doesn't work...

    Very annoying that this is my second day trying to resolve this ,

    Elizabeth
     
    Elizabeth Angelino, Aug 29, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Elizabeth Angelino

    VistaRookie Guest

    What is the full error message you get?
    Did it ever work the way it should?

    --
    VistaRookie

    10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found
    here:
    '*Google*' (http://www.google.com)
    Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
     
    VistaRookie, Aug 29, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Norton security products are among the top three troublemakers for
    Windows Mail. Symptoms often don't surface until several months have
    gone by, or until an update occurs.

    Disabling the Norton program is often insufficient. Do a trial uninstall,
    followed by using their debris removal tool:
    http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

    Instead of uninstalling your antivirus, another option is to upgrade to
    Windows Live Mail, which is more resistant to the adverse effects of overly
    intrusive antivirus products: http://download.live.com/wlmail
     
    Gary VanderMolen, Aug 29, 2009
    #3
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.