BlueScreen Help!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Support' started by HelpMe, Jul 15, 2009.

1. HelpMe

HelpMe

Today when I started my computer, everything was going fine until my desktop finished loading. Then a bluescreen popped up! From then on, all attempts to start windows normally have ended up the same way... it loads and then a bluescreen pops up which automatically restarts the laptop. I am currently writing this in safemode which is thankfully still working. A popup occured when I started up in safemode indicating the "problem event" and its specifics.

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 4105
    BCCode: 50
    BCP1: AEF89BE4
    BCP2: 00000000
    BCP3: 820010D4
    BCP4: 00000002
    OS Version: 6_0_6001
    Service Pack: 1.0
    Product: 768_1

Also, the info on the BlueScreen said something about making sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. I haven't installed anything new for the past week or two. And this isn't a brand new laptop...
    What does this all mean? And how can I fix the problem?
    Thanks

HelpMe, Jul 15, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. HelpMe

Ian Administrator

Are you able to run system restore to roll your system back to an earlier point in time? You should be prompted to do this when you enter safe mode :)

Ian, Jul 15, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. HelpMe

HelpMe

Yes, I was able to use system restore to roll back my system to yesterday. Although, it did work, the problem still persists. The bluescreen still popped up and restarted my laptop. The Bluescreen I got however showed different details on the "problem event" popup
    BCCode: 1a
    BCP1: 00041790
    BCP2: C0802718
    BCP3: 0000FFFF
    BCP4: 00000000
    Also, thanks for taking the time to help. I really appreciate it.

HelpMe, Jul 15, 2009
  4. HelpMe

HelpMe

Also, since system restore doesn't help, does that mean that it's not a virus or a driver issue, but a hardware issue? the blue screens show several times that it has something to do with the hardware and drivers, and is usually found titled DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
    research on google says that one of the drivers isn't compatible with the hardware, either being too new or too old..
    other tidbits inform me that i should preform a "memory test" to ensure my RAM is okay.
    ... what should i do?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
    HelpMe, Jul 15, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question