Bug: quick message not updated

Discussion in 'Windows Live Messenger' started by JuliusB, Jan 24, 2009.

1. JuliusB

JuliusB Guest

Bug: quick message not updated

Few days ago I updated a quick message in my WL Messenger. After that it
    successfully synchronized with my online Live profile. Then, I deleted the
    quick message form Messenger and left it empty. Just an empty space.
    But in my online profile it was not updated, I mean it was still here, the
    old message was still here while in WL Messenger it was deleted.
    Also if I choose "Show what I'm listening to" option in messenger, how do I
    know it's on? I can see it selected in the menu, but otherwise there is still
    the same "Share a quick message" text shown as my quick message. I mean the
    same as it is shown when there is no quick message. I thought it was supposed
    to show my current song I'm listening to on WMP?

JuliusB, Jan 24, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Greetings Julius,

It should update the profile -- eventually. It certainly is not instant and make take
    anywhere up to 5-10 minutes.

The song should appear below the quick message as per 2009 (in previous releases it would
    replace the quick message/personal message with the song). If it's not, then most likely the
    plug-in which makes this feature work in Windows Media Player is disabled. You can turn it
    back on by opening up Windows Media Player, pressing Alt on the keyboard to bring up the
    menu, choose Tools, point to Plug-ins, and choose the Windows Live Messenger Music Plugin to
    turn it on (assuming it's unchecked).

--
    Jonathan Kay
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger
    MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
    MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com
    Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com
    (c) 2009 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation

Jonathan Kay [MVP], Jan 25, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. JuliusB

Farhan Guest

Hi,

I have linked my facebook id with Windows Live profile, i did update in facebook a quick share messege, my windows live profile also automatically updated with live profile, now when have deleted the quick share messege from facebook my windows live profile's "Quick Share Messege" is not being updated its the same as it was before deleting quick share messege from my facebook Id, after this i have also delete "Share a quick messege" from my Live Messenger and let it be empty for half hour but problem is the same it is not being updated in Windows Live profile even after deleting it from Facebook and le it be empty in Live messenger for half hour.

Kindly suggest some needful

Farhan, Nov 11, 2010
  4. JuliusB

Farhan Guest

Thanks for everyone, I have find the solution:
    Double click on it and the erase all the text then press enter, its done. :)

For example i did post their link of MSolNet - My Company , problem that i was facing was that i did post a link there, whenever i tried to change that by single click the link was opened each time. Problem was that i was click for one time instead of clicking twice in a once..!

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
    Dynamic Data Controls with Entity Framework
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...amic-data-controls-with-entity-framework.aspx

Farhan, Nov 11, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question