Can one remove the ”empty" contact list notice?

Discussion in 'Windows MSN Messenger' started by Lee C., Feb 5, 2004.

1. Lee C.

Lee C. Guest

This is going to sound a bit odd I know, but I've put in MSN Messenger (ver 6.1.0207) so that people can contact ME if they choose, but I'm not much interested in getting information on if or whether or who might be online or offline.

(Also, Messenger goes "beep" if any e-mail comes in, which is a good thing I suppose.)

I don't suppose there's any way to remove, the "online" and "offline" sentinels, so I wondering if there was a way to remove that irritating yellow box that reads: "Your contact list (shown below) does not yet have anyone on it...."

It just irritates me.

Lee C.

Lee C., Feb 5, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. Greetings Lee,

You can't remove that message, but you can remove the alerts (referred to as toast), by
    simply opening the main Messenger window, click the Tools menu, then Options, then General
    tab, and uncheck everything under Alerts.

This is going to sound a bit odd I know, but I've put in MSN Messenger (ver 6.1.0207) so that
    people can contact ME if they choose, but I'm not much interested in getting information on
    if or whether or who might be online or offline.

(Also, Messenger goes "beep" if any e-mail comes in, which is a good thing I suppose.)

I don't suppose there's any way to remove, the "online" and "offline" sentinels, so I
    wondering if there was a way to remove that irritating yellow box that reads: "Your contact
    list (shown below) does not yet have anyone on it...."

It just irritates me.

Lee C.

Jonathan Kay [MVP], Feb 5, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. Lee C.

Lee C. Guest

Greetings Jonathan,

Yes, I knew about them, they no longer irritate me and the one that gives e-mail notice still works. Just the yellow box irritates me.

Why is it called "toast"?

Lee C., Feb 5, 2004
  4. Hi Lee,

They're called toast, because they "pop up" like they're coming out of toaster. =)

Greetings Jonathan,

Yes, I knew about them, they no longer irritate me and the one that gives e-mail notice still
    works. Just the yellow box irritates me.

Why is it called "toast"?

Jonathan Kay [MVP], Feb 5, 2004
  5. Lee C.

Big Brother Guest

x-no-archive: yes
    Lee C. wrote:
    Add yourself to your contact list.

Big Brother, Feb 6, 2004
  6. Lee C.

Lee C. Guest

Be damned; it works too. I'd never have thought of that.

Lee C., Feb 8, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question