cannot open attached files any more

Discussion in 'Windows Update' started by valo, May 2, 2004.

1. valo

valo Guest

since the last windows update about outlook tools, I cannot open my attached files anymore ! I met this problem one time ago and I was obliged to uninstal the last updating, but I don't remenber the procedure. Is there somebody who can help me ?

valo, May 2, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. valo

Alan Edwards Guest

If you mean in OE6
    Tools menu > Options > Security tab
    Uncheck "Do not allow attachments...."
    (Assuming you really want to disable this security feature)

....Alan

Alan Edwards, May 3, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. valo

Jim & Mar. Guest

I'VE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM. YOU COULD TRY "SYSTEM RESTORE" IN SYSTEM TOOLS & BRING YOUR COMPUTER BACK TO WHERE IT WAS BEFORE THE UPDATE. I WOULD TRY THIS MYSELF, BUT MY PROBLEM STARTED TO LONG AGO AND RESTORING WOULD CAUSE ME TO LOSE RECENT PROGRAMS & DOWNLOADS. ASSUMING YOU JUST ENCOUNTERED THIS PROBLEM, YOU PROBABLY DON,T HAVE ANYTHING TO LOSE. IT CAN BE REVERSED ANYWAY

GOOD LUC

Jim & Mar., May 3, 2004
  4. valo

JIM & MAR. Guest

Alan Edwards fix works. I got the same fix from someone else. Please let us know if this helped

----- valo wrote: ----

since the last windows update about outlook tools, I cannot open my attached files anymore ! I met this problem one time ago and I was obliged to uninstal the last updating, but I don't remenber the procedure. Is there somebody who can help me ?

JIM & MAR., May 4, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question