Can't access secure web sites but can access other sites

Discussion in 'Windows Update' started by Don, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Don

Don Guest

Hello. A couple of weeks ago my daughter downloaded some virus. It compromised Windows XP and I had to reinstall. I can now access websites again but cannot access secure sites. When I attempt to access a secure sites, extra numbers and letters are included in the url address and I get a cannot display message. There must be some registry entries that I need to delete but I don't know what they are. I am running up-to-date anti-virus software but it's not catching anything.

Don, Jun 5, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. Don

Leigh Anne Guest

Having the same problem and I cannot download windows updates. Very frustrating

----- Don wrote: ----

Hello. A couple of weeks ago my daughter downloaded some virus. It compromised Windows XP and I had to reinstall. I can now access websites again but cannot access secure sites. When I attempt to access a secure sites, extra numbers and letters are included in the url address and I get a cannot display message. There must be some registry entries that I need to delete but I don't know what they are. I am running up-to-date anti-virus software but it's not catching anything.

Leigh Anne, Jun 6, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question