Can't get anywhere with scan for windows up dates,kicks out error code 0x800c0005.running xp

Discussion in 'Windows Update' started by kr, Apr 6, 2004.

1. kr

kr Guest

kr, Apr 6, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. kr

SR Guest

I'm having the same problem. S

----- kr wrote: ----

SR, Apr 7, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. kr

Pauline Guest

I was having same problem, found elsewhere in post to uninstall norton internet software if you have it. I did and poof problem went away. hope this helps.

Pauline, Apr 7, 2004
  4. kr

windows98 Guest

Ran into this today. I have Windows 98. Followed the troubleshooting guide in this site. Key for me to identify source of problem was to open internet explorer and click on "help" about "internet explorer" My cipher strength was "0". It needs to be "128" in order to read secured websites. Once I found this to be the source of the problem, I followed method 2 pointed out elsehere on these suggestions. Basically, renamed the schannel.dll, rsabase.dll, and rsaenh.dll files in the Windows\system folder from .dll to .old Then reinstalled internet explorer 6. for better details, just continue to search suggestions. Bottomline, my cipher strength was "0"

windows98, Apr 7, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question