Creating new partition from command-prompt (Win.Vista Home Prem. 64bit)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Support' started by pixelitis, Aug 10, 2009.

1. pixelitis

pixelitis

Hi everyone

I'm currently running an HP Pav dv7-1020us and recently had my system flake-out while using my typical programs, adobe lightroom and adobe photoshop. After getting a blue-screen error flash in front of me and then shutdown my system..I have been unable to reboot successfully into my OS. No matter which startup option I choose, Safe Mode, Safe Mode Networking, Repair Mode, etc...windows boots to repair my start-up and then tells me it has failed. I've tried windows restore to system restore point and that fails too.

Ultimately the only function that is working for me in Repair mode is the command prompt. I'm right now trying to create a new partition from the command prompt on which to backup my profile from my boot drive so that I can proceed with restoring my laptop.

Is there a way I can do this from within the "repair mode" in windows vista home prem. 64? I've tried using the typical fdisk which I am accustomed to using in all other versions of windows but it doesn't appear to be a valid command.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tnx for your time :)

pixelitis, Aug 10, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question