Dell 8300 MCE Computer: ATI 9000 AIW ==>ATI AIW 9600 Pro Upgrade ...Can It Be Done?

Discussion in 'Windows Media Center' started by adkinsd >cox >net>, May 22, 2004.

1. I have a Dell 8300 MCE computer with an ATI AIW 9000 video card. I would like to upgrade to an ATI AIW 9600 Pro. I really want to have 2 features that the ATI AIW 9600 Pro has: (1) dual displays with monitor rotation capability (for flat panel display rotation) and (2) FM-On-Demand

Can I swap video cards? I've tried to install the AIW 9600 Pro card several times, but I can't get all of the drivers to load properly. Once, I got everything to work except the FM radio and FM on demand once, but it developed a Live TV video problem and when I tried to reinstall the drivers all I got waas a bunck of unrecognized devices

i've heard about a ATI hack, but don't know where to look for it. I sure would appreciate some help

I've contacted Dell and they didn't provide me any useful information and ATI didn't respond at all

What can I do

Sincerely

Danny

adkinsd >cox >net>, May 22, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. with the SW encode driver stack available for purchase on the ati.com site,
    you should be able to perform this swap.

like to upgrade to an ATI AIW 9600 Pro. I really want to have 2 features
    that the ATI AIW 9600 Pro has: (1) dual displays with monitor rotation
    capability (for flat panel display rotation) and (2) FM-On-Demand.
    several times, but I can't get all of the drivers to load properly. Once, I
    got everything to work except the FM radio and FM on demand once, but it
    developed a Live TV video problem and when I tried to reinstall the drivers
    all I got waas a bunck of unrecognized devices.

Philip Taylor [ATI], May 23, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. adkinsd >cox >net>

Alinds Guest

I also have the Dell 8300 with the 9000 AIW, would there be anyother advantage by this upgrade, besides the features? Would the quality improve

----- adkinsd wrote: ----

I have a Dell 8300 MCE computer with an ATI AIW 9000 video card. I would like to upgrade to an ATI AIW 9600 Pro. I really want to have 2 features that the ATI AIW 9600 Pro has: (1) dual displays with monitor rotation capability (for flat panel display rotation) and (2) FM-On-Demand

Can I swap video cards? I've tried to install the AIW 9600 Pro card several times, but I can't get all of the drivers to load properly. Once, I got everything to work except the FM radio and FM on demand once, but it developed a Live TV video problem and when I tried to reinstall the drivers all I got waas a bunck of unrecognized devices

i've heard about a ATI hack, but don't know where to look for it. I sure would appreciate some help

I've contacted Dell and they didn't provide me any useful information and ATI didn't respond at all

What can I do

Sincerely

Danny

Alinds, May 23, 2004
  4. Philip

Thank you for your response. I found the AiW MCE SW Encode Kit you referred to on the ATI site. What will the kit do for me? The only description I found was at: http://www.ati.com/products/mce/mce.htm

Will this help me overcome my driver install issue

Sincerely

Danny

adkinsd cox net>, May 27, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question