DFSR high network traffic

Discussion in 'Active Directory' started by Giovanni Pizzolato, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Hello all,
    in my head quartier the network administator said me that the firewall reveals an high network traffic on port TCP/5722 (DFSR sysvol replication), such traffic if between one of two HQ domain controller and a couple of domaincontrollers in two different branch offices abroad. Our site topology is mainly hub and spoke, anyway the two sites are linked directly to HQ and with no other sites linked. The domain level is Windows 2008 R2 and the replication traffic for other sites is normal. As per firewall statistics, the replication behavior looks like be running for a few minutes and stopping, then, after a few minutes, starting again, this has happened for five days and it is still happening. There are no relevant events in the event viewer of all involved domain controllers.

Do you know if someone noticed such a kind of behavior before?
    What can I use to monitor dfsr sysvol replication bandwhidt utilization?

Thanks all in advance!

Giovanni Pizzolato, Aug 29, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Really usefull Group this one! For someone else looking for a solution to that unjustified traffic there is a bug on Win 2008 R2 that induce the DFSR service to discard partially replicated files and download them again instead of resume from the just downloaded part, see KB 2825036 for more info.
    After applying this fix, the replication started to work regularly.

Good bye

Giovanni Pizzolato, Sep 2, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question