DHCP client fails to start on PDC, DNS client fails to start on Schema DC

Discussion in 'Server Networking' started by Edward Ray \(502974\), Apr 12, 2004.

1. Any one have an idea why this would occur and how to fix?

Edward Ray \(502974\), Apr 12, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. --------------------
    Edward,

The DHCP Client fails to Start on the PDC? We will really need a bit more information to be able to help. What OS are you running, i
    assume that this is a Windows 2000 System, but are there any events thrown the Event Logs that would help up point to the culprit? Can we
    manually start the service when the system is up and if not what is the exact error message that you get?

This information is a great starting point for us. I am sure that you already check to be sure that the service was set to start "Automatically",
    but a sanity check would be great.

T.J. Campana [MSFT]
    Microsoft EPS Networking
    --
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms
    specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they
    originated.

TJ Campana [MSFT], Apr 12, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. Both DCs are Windows 2003 Enterprise Servers in a fully functional 2003 AD
    domain.

Both are set to automatic. The error I get when trying to start the DNS
    client on the Schema DC is Error 1079. sorry, I did not write down the
    exact error message I am off site at the moment.

Edward W. Ray/502974, Apr 12, 2004
  4. 1

TJ Campana [MSFT], Apr 14, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question