Emails "date modified" changes when just opened from Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Mail' started by dayf88, Nov 12, 2009.

  1. dayf88

    dayf88 Guest

    Hi,

    Can anyone help me out? I use files' "date modified" to track file use etc.
    and have just started using Windows Mail as part of Vista and if I go to
    Explorer and open the email it says I've modified it and changes the "date
    modified" to today's date, even though I haven't modified the file (just
    looked at it). I've looked through the options in Windows Mail but can't
    find an option which will help me.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers.
     
    dayf88, Nov 12, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. dayf88

    mac Guest


    Not sure what you are searching for, but the best search option for WM
    email, is within WM.
    On the Edit Menu>Find.
    HTH?
     
    mac, Nov 12, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. dayf88

    dayf88 Guest

    I'm not actually searching for emails, I just want to see the date modified.
    And Explorer is saying I've modified them just by opening them in Windows
    Mail.
     
    dayf88, Nov 12, 2009
    #3
  4. WYSIWYG. Accessing the message = modifying it.
     
    PA Bear [MS MVP], Nov 12, 2009
    #4
  5. dayf88

    VistaRookie Guest

    I can't say why it modifies .eml files by just opening
    them. It doesn't modify other files, such as .jpg.

    Although you shouldn't see any dates change within
    Windows Mail. Like date received or sent, etc;


    --
    VistaRooki

    10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be foun
    here:
    '*Google*' (http://www.google.com
    Posted via http://www.vistaheads.co
     
    VistaRookie, Nov 12, 2009
    #5
  6. You can't fix it. You can add other fields such as Sent or Received or Date
    created to assess the message date. Just right click the column headers in
    Explorer and choose More.

    steve
     
    Steve Cochran, Nov 12, 2009
    #6
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.