Failed Installation Unknown Error 8007054E for KB955706 and KB951847

Discussion in 'Windows Update' started by Depozyt, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Depozyt

Depozyt

Windows Update fails to configure the following updates correctly and returns the following error code in both cases: Unknown Error 8007054E

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 3 (KB955706)
    Error details: Code 8007054E
    It just fails to install at all using Windows Update.

and for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86

Error details: Code 8007054E

Here, the update installs okay, again through Windows Update, although status remains Pending until the computer is restarted. Unfortunately, on start up the changes are rolled back and the screen says 'Updates not configured correctly. Reverting Changes.' The installation status then confirms it has Failed. This has happened time and time again.

I have used Astebner's clean-up tool for the .NET Framework problem and but still having the same problem. If I try to download from the microsoft website I get a message that resembles This Update does not Apply to your computer.

I am on a Sony Vaio using Vista 32-bit OS, Home Premium Edition.
    My Norton Firewall is turned off. I cleaned up the registry recently and all other updates (apart from the two detailed above) have since been installing okay.

Just these two left to do.
    Any thoughts?
    Thank you, Depozyt

Depozyt, Nov 26, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question