Forgot my computer administrator password

Discussion in 'Windows Media Center' started by Giganticpull, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Giganticpull

Giganticpull Guest

As a result of the above i cannot change any settings or basically do
    anything with my computer, also as a result of the above i think my computer
    has been comprimised by another person somwhere.

Giganticpull, Apr 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Giganticpull

Sven Guest

Google or Bing for Windows Password Recovery Tool. There is no shortage of
    options. Some may require you to have another PC on which you can create a
    Linux boot CD. from an iso image.

Sven, Apr 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Giganticpull

Sven Guest

Actually make that Windows Password Recovery Tools, plural. There is a
    product named exactly that which they want money for. Might be worth it, but
    for a one time thing, there are free options.

Sven, Apr 10, 2010
  4. Giganticpull

S.Sengupta Guest

S.Sengupta, Apr 11, 2010
  5. Giganticpull

xu syon Guest

The first thing you should do is check whether you really forget login password or not. When we install Windows, it automatically creates an account ?Administrator? and sets its password to blank. So if you have forget your user account password then try this:
    Start system and when you See Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys Twice and it?ll show Classic Login box. Now type ?Administrator? (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Press Enter and you will be able to log in Windows.

Or you can get into the Safe Mode to reset your account password from ?Control Panel -> User Accounts?. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen.

Windows XP and further versions also provide another method to recover forgotten Password by using ?Reset Disk?. If you created a Password Reset Disk in Past, you can use that disk to reset the password. If you want to save time and without lose anything,recommend you to use a third party software--Windows Password Rescuer.It can recover windows 7/vista/xp/2008/2003/2000 password within several minutes. No need to reinstall your operation system.Only four steps to recover the password: Step 1: Download Windows Password Rescuer on another computer.
    Step 2: Install Windows Password Rescuer and use it to burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive
    Step 3: BIOS setting,setup your computer boot from CD/DVD or USB
    Step 4: Reset Windows password by a few clicks.You also can use Windows Password Rescuer to add a new user with administrator privilege to your Windows. With this New user account you can logon your locked computer directly.
    http://www.daossoft.com/documents/how-to-reset-window-2000-xp-vista-win7-password.html

xu syon, Jan 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question