Geforce FX5200 Woes

Discussion in 'Windows Media Center' started by slo-mo, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. slo-mo

    slo-mo Guest

    Just getting my MCE 2004 install working when my ye olde Geforce
    died. So I bought a Geforce FX5200, but cannot get MCE working

    MCE displays corrupt graphics 90% of the time (the remaining 10% i
    seems to work for a few minutes, then it goes corrupt)

    Here is a bad photo of it "in action" http://www.jmcd.nu/mce.jp

    Athlon 1200MH
    WinPVR 25
    WinDVD 200

    Have tried latest versions of drivers from Nvidia's site for MCE an
    non MCE

    :

    Any ideas

    Posted via http://www.xpMCE.co
    Everything about Windows XP Media Center Edition
     
    slo-mo, Feb 26, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Sounds like you have a bad card. I'd return it for another one.
     
    Michael Creasy [MS], Feb 26, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Did you uninstall the Geforce 2 drivers before inserting the Geforce FX
    card?
     
    Chris Lanier [MVP], Feb 26, 2004
    #3
  4. slo-mo

    zero-one Guest

    That 'weird' output is from the TV, right? Does it display properl
    from a PC monitor

    I have a Gefore FX 5200 in a system running MCE 2004 and everything i
    a-okay. I haven't tried the TV out yet but the pc monitor display i
    fine. My PC monitor switches to 60 Hz when Media Center starts so
    suspect that the TV output will be fine

    My system was setup fresh, MCE original + MCE 2004 upgrade before an
    software was installed. I think I installed the MCE version of th
    drivers before MCE 2004

    I haven't been much help. At least you know someone has the car
    working in their system

    Good luck

    Posted via http://www.xpMCE.co
    Everything about Windows XP Media Center Edition
     
    zero-one, Feb 26, 2004
    #4
  5. slo-mo

    slo-mo Guest

    Thanks for the responses guys.

    The output is the same on a monitor and a TV

    I did not uninstall the Geforce 4 drivers, but once the corrup
    dispaly became apparent I formatted the machine down and starte
    again. It did not help

    I swapped cards with my main machine (a Geforce 4 Ti 4200), and tha
    works A-OK in MCE, and the Geforce FX 5200 works fine in the mai
    machine (non-MCE), and can play games etc - so it would be difficul
    to take the card back when it the fault is only apparent in MCE

    Hum. Might have to buy ANOTHER card..

    Posted via http://www.xpMCE.co
    Everything about Windows XP Media Center Edition
     
    slo-mo, Feb 27, 2004
    #5
  6. slo-mo

    Fred Guest

    Have you installed the 53.0.04 drivers from the Nvidia Web site?
     
    Fred, Feb 27, 2004
    #6
  7. slo-mo

    slo-mo Guest

    Fred wrote
    Have you installed the 53.0.04 drivers from the Nvidia Web site
    Yup, have trie

    53.04_winxpmce_international_whql.ex
    an
    53.03_winxp2k_english_whql.ex

    Anyway, I think the card is bad as I've just tried the 3D mark 200
    tests, and some of them display corrupt graphics

    Again, thanks for the quick responses and help

    Posted via http://www.xpMCE.co
    Everything about Windows XP Media Center Edition
     
    slo-mo, Feb 27, 2004
    #7
  8. slo-mo

    jamie Guest

    Hi, I have fx5200 VIVO but am unable to run Live TV as I get 'video error, files needed to display video are missing or corrupt'. Does your card display the Live TV (albeit corrupted)? And do you have a seperate TV Tuner card?
    Thanks.
     
    jamie, Mar 2, 2004
    #8
  9. slo-mo

    Fred Guest

    Your error maybe referring to the video files for your TV/capture card and
    driver and not your Fx5200 if it is an MCE error.

    files needed to display video are missing or corrupt'. Does your card
    display the Live TV (albeit corrupted)? And do you have a seperate TV Tuner
    card?
     
    Fred, Mar 3, 2004
    #9
  10. slo-mo

    camemx01 Guest

    I was getting something similiar using a Radeon card
    Uninstalled NVDVD, installed WinDVD + patch, and it fixed it

    Posted via http://www.xpMCE.co
    Everything about Windows XP Media Center Edition
     
    camemx01, Apr 11, 2004
    #10
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.