HEEEELP!!!live tv freezing every 15 mins.....HEEEELP!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Media Center' started by GQMANDQ, Jan 25, 2004.

1. GQMANDQ

GQMANDQ Guest

hello,
    my live tv started to freeze just recently after 3 months of use which it does the freezing every 10 to 15 mins and the freezing duration will differ from 2 to 4-5 mins and catches up where the live tv for the present.its very annoying cuz i keep missing up parts of whatever im watching.i have had the laptop for 3 months and never updated anything and it has been running great.i dont understand what could be the reason for the freez.if it matters its a p15 s479 toshiba laptop....
    thx for the replies....

GQMANDQ, Jan 25, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. GQMANDQ

CharlieMSU Guest

It had happened to my first MCE2004 machine. Got much better after I installed the newest version of the video card driver with NVidia directly and not through HP, which was the manufacturer

Double check if it didn't get any Microsoft Updates. I remember one specific update that messed me up, took me a while to figure this one out. So, you better check also

And as one last option, backup your data and use the "Recovery CD" that comes with it. It will format and install all over again as out of the box. Sorry

CharlieMS

CharlieMSU, Jan 25, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. GQMANDQ

GQMANDQ Guest

thx Charlie
    here is a little history on mine....this laptop(toshiba p15 s479) i have is my 3rd one cuz first 2 i got i updated them from toshiba site which were video driver and one more but i cant remember what it was.and they both started to freez live tv after 10 to 15 secs turn on.so after i got my 3rd one(about 3 months ago) i didnt do any updates on it and its been runnin like a champ till 3 days ago and its driving me crazy Charlie....so i really dont wanna upgrade anything if i dont have to and i deffinetly dont wanna reformat.....do u think i have to download my video driver update if there is one?and also pls explain what you meant by(I remember one specific update that messed me up, took me a while to figure this one out. So, you better check also).did u mean it was a good update which helped a lot or was a bad one and i need to stay away from it???
    i like to know what was your problem?was it freezing on you too?how often and for how long if it did?
    mine freez after 15 to 30 mins after turn on and stays that way only for 2 mins exactly(which is so weird).and just froze now while im writing this to you....damn it....and i know it will be back on runnin in 2 mins....
    so my whole scare is that i will do some updates on the driver or so and here i go with more problems like before so i really like to make sure before i do anything and i thank you for your reply...
    pls let me what you think....

----- CharlieMSU wrote: -----

It had happened to my first MCE2004 machine. Got much better after I installed the newest version of the video card driver with NVidia directly and not through HP, which was the manufacturer.

Double check if it didn't get any Microsoft Updates. I remember one specific update that messed me up, took me a while to figure this one out. So, you better check also.

And as one last option, backup your data and use the "Recovery CD" that comes with it. It will format and install all over again as out of the box. Sorry!

CharlieMSU

GQMANDQ, Jan 25, 2004
  4. GQMANDQ

GroomGuy Guest

I was having the same type of freeze up on my machine. The only way to unlock to the machine was to hit the reset button on the cpu. I did notice that each time I did this the mouse did not respond after the reboot, which required a complete shutdown and restart of the system. It turned out that I needed a new device driver for my mouse. I am using both a wireless and ps2 mouse on this machine.

GroomGuy, Jan 26, 2004
  5. GQMANDQ

CharlieMSU Guest

Hey, how is your laptop, still freezing?....Sorry I had to stay away for a few days working on a couple of projects here. Let me know how it's going.....maybe I can help

Thanks, CharlieMS

CharlieMSU, Feb 4, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question