Help needed : Update history flushed

Discussion in 'Windows Update' started by Andrew, May 28, 2004.

1. Andrew

Andrew Guest

It seems like all updates done in the past were all of the sudden removed ...

My machine was patched SP4 and all. All of the sudden Windows media player stopped working then i went to check for windows update and it prompted me with the disclaimer if i want to let microsoft scan for update .... just like if i never accessed the site for updates. It checked available updates and everything was listed just like if i had never done any updates .... ????? anyone have ever seen this before ?

Thanks for any input .

Andrew.

Andrew, May 28, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. Andrew

Andrew Guest

More info :

All updates i have done in the past are still listed in add/remove programs.

I am running Win2k

----- Andrew wrote: ----

It seems like all updates done in the past were all of the sudden removed ...

My machine was patched SP4 and all. All of the sudden Windows media player stopped working then i went to check for windows update and it prompted me with the disclaimer if i want to let microsoft scan for update .... just like if i never accessed the site for updates. It checked available updates and everything was listed just like if i had never done any updates .... ????? anyone have ever seen this before ?

Thanks for any input .

Andrew.

Andrew, May 28, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question