Help please! Paste corrupts file?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Steve, May 30, 2013.

1. Steve

Steve Guest

I hope this is the correct place to post this. If not please point me in the right direction.

Can anyone spread some light on the below or perhaps replicate this error to let me know I'm not going mad? (Well I might be going mad, this won't disprove that).

I have a system where a file gets embedded in an XL s/sheet and at a later date is extracted by copy and paste to a folder. Until an upgrade to Win 7 and Office 2010 (from XP and 2007) this has worked fine.

Since the upgrade the file gets corrupt if it is extracted from the spreadsheet. If I double-click on it from within the XL sheet it displays fine; ifI select, then copy and paste the file to a folder the file is corrupted; it seems as if the file name is pasted into the first few lines of the file..

Below is an example of what happens with a simple text file. The first lineis the original, the second is the corrupted version.

This is Steve's test

«  SVR test TEXT

I have tested this by simply inserting a text file as an object in XL. Double-click it and it's fine. Select, copy and paste and it's corrupted.

I've also tried this on an XP machine with XL 2010 and it was fine, so I don't think it's an XL issue.

Any help greatly appreciated - this is driving me mad!

Steve

Dyna003

Steve, May 30, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question