How does WMP9 append Folder.JPG to my pre-existing Music Folders?

Discussion in 'Windows Media Center' started by Charlie, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Charlie

Charlie Guest

All

I used MusicMatch to rip almost 600 Albums to MP3 format. My file structure is Artist/Album/Songs

Music Match nicely embeds the album art into the ID3V2 Tags within each MP3. Now that I own a MCE machine, I've learned that Media Center needs to see Folder.jpg to display the album art when viewing artists or albums (because my Album Art is Embedded in my ID3 Tags, I can see the album art in MCE while the MP3 is playing)

A week ago I allowed WMP9 to search my music files to add all of my music to WMP9s music library (I read that this was necessary to play my MP3s in MCE). WMP9 automatically generated folder.jpg and a few other image files within some of my album folders

Problem: WMP9 only added folder.jpg to about half of my music files. I'm not sure what it was about the other half that caused WMP9 to omit this information - their seems to be no rhyme or reason. All music is meticulously organized. All Music has album art embeded in the MP3. For some reason WMP9 didn't generate folder.jpg for half of my files

Having taken the time to ensure that all of my MP3s have album art embeded, I'm not too excited about going out and finding album art for 300 albums and saving the art as folder.jpg

How can I get WMP 9 to add folder.jpg to the rest of my album folders? Note - I had already enabled the "Find Media information for music copied with another program". I also have enabled "Update my music files by retreiving missing media information from the internet". I've read that it is not a good idea to enable "Rename and rearrange music using media information" because it can screw your hard work on the ID3 Tags

Any way to get WMP9 to generate the rest of the folder.jpg files for me

Charli

Charlie, Feb 4, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question