HP DeskJet 3820 Still Doesn't Work With DeskJet 970cse Driver Installed

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Printing / Faxing / Scanning' started by bluebelgianbeer, Sep 6, 2009.

1. bluebelgianbeer

bluebelgianbeer

Please forgive me for being redundant. I know there is already a thread on here about HP DeskJet 3820 printers not working properly with Windows Vista, but it still hasn't solved my problem. Most of the other threads I've found on other message boards on the Web involve advising the user to install the HP DeskJet970cse driver as an alternative to get the printer working. Did that, still doesn't work. I went to HP's Website and followed the directions there on how to add a new printer, what options to choose, etc, etc, but when I try to print a test page or a Microsoft Word document and open up the printer task dialogue box, I see only about 50% of a given task being processed, then poof, the task is deleted from the list for no apparent reason. Oh yeah, and I downloaded the HP printer diagnostic program and my printer isn't even offered as an option for diagnosis scanning, I've restarted my PC several times just to make sure.

bluebelgianbeer, Sep 6, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question