Ie and dep popup problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Support' started by treekc3, Jul 20, 2009.

1. treekc3

treekc3

HELP ME!!! I've got Windows Vista Home Premium,IE 8.
    My problem started when my husband ok'd himself to do a survey from "choozz". Ever since then, we have been bombarded with popups, lots and lots of popups. Then I noticed whenever IE 8 was put on, the "search box" would come on and it would say,"windows has to close IE", but the funny thing is, the internet doesn't actually go off??? Then DEP would come on straight after this and the help and support box would come on. I downloaded a popupblocker,"superadblocker". This seems to keep the majority of popups out, but not all. I am going out of my mind. Even as I write this, I'm terrified the DEP is going to come on again!!! Very annoying.
    Is my computer going to crash or something??? Can somebody please help me.
    I did go on this "choozz " site and try to unsubscribe to the surveys, it says it didn't work but also,it may take a few days. It has been nearly 2 weeks now.
    HELP!!! Thank you for your help in advance:confused::mad::eek:

treekc3, Jul 20, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. treekc3

coyboss

Hi there Tree,

It appears that you have some malware on your computer that is causing the popups and other issues.

You will need to go onto a search site like google and search for "malware bytes anti malware" and download, install and run this software.

This should take any malware on your computer off including the popup programs.
    It should also remove any instances of the "choozz" site stuff too.

Hope this helps.

IKE

coyboss, Jul 20, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. treekc3

treekc3

Hi there x I downloaded what you suggested, Malware Bytes Anti Biware. So far there are no popups. I am off to the land of zzzzzzzzzzzz shortly and will try it again tomorrow. Hopefully pg, things will be back to normal.Thank you Ike, sooooooooooooooo much. I'll be in touch

treekc3, Jul 21, 2009
  4. treekc3

treekc3

Hello. I am on my computer now and I haven't gotten one single popup!!!! Yay! I think it has worked Ike. My query now is, I've got Spybot, Adaware, SuperAdBlocker,Norton and now, MalwareBytes'AntiMalware, why didn't the other spyware detect these malware, and do I need all of them??? Thankyou Ike, your're brill:)

treekc3, Jul 21, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question