ie7 bug with png

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer' started by gianluca, Apr 13, 2007.

1. If it would help, I would be happy to have you remotely control my PC and
    bang around on it...

wherearemypngs, Jul 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. I would be happy to assist remotely. Perhaps you may send me a mail/RA invitation to ramesh {at} mvps {dot} org

--
    Regards,

Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User]
    Windows® Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com

If it would help, I would be happy to have you remotely control my PC and
    bang around on it...

Ramesh, MS-MVP, Jul 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. My system started doing this this week. Did Any bdy get a fix for this other than IE8 . It effects sidebar gadgets too.

John Hutcheson, Oct 9, 2010
  4. gianluca

Kris Kirk Guest

It's up to debate as to which program is causing this, but it's either Flash, IE7, or both. Something happens with the MIME permissions that blocks user access to these types of images when they are installed. Just go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type and grant everyone the appropriate permissions.

Kris Kirk, Dec 31, 2010
  5. gianluca

Kris Kirk Guest

It's up to debate as to which program is causing this, but it's either Flash, IE7, or both. Something happens with the MIME permissions that blocks user access to these types of images when they are installed. Just go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type and grant everyone the appropriate permissions.

Kris Kirk, Dec 31, 2010
  6. HoopleHead: Why are you replying to a post made in 2007?

Vote for Pedro, Jan 3, 2011
  7. gianluca

Alex Wulms Guest

I tried all suggestions in this thread but none of them worked.

However, I managed to fix the issue by copy&pasting the values for "CLSID" and for "Image Filter CLSID" from the image/gif to the image/png entry.

I had noticed that CLSID was the same for image/gif and image/jpg but that it differed for image/png. That is what brought me to perform this experiment.

The values that I have on my PC now are:
    CLSID: {25336920-03F9-11cf-8FD0-00AA00686F13}
    Image Filter for CLSID: {607fd4e8-0a03-11d1-ab1d-00c04fc9b304}

Note that the PNG display issue was not limited to IE7. It was broader. The MS-help was for example also having issues displaying PNG images. In stead it was displaying many red crosses. I guess it uses the same component to load the appropriate library to handle images.

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
    Microsoft .NET DataBase Access For Beginners
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/training...Server-Oracle-DB2-Informix-Query-Samples.aspx

Alex Wulms, Jan 9, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question