I'm unable to install any files with .msi.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista File Management' started by jmount1068, Aug 13, 2011.

1. jmount1068

jmount1068

I've been unable to install any files,programs with .msi.I've asked the same question on Yahoo answers and Microsoft answers and questions and dell forum just to name a few.I'm getting very frustrated as I live on fixed income and cann't afford those expensive techie places.Yahoo told me I needed to change the association in control panel.It's pointing to notepad for some reason,which brings up a bunch of numbers and letters but no install.There was another choice besides notepad which was Internet Explorer,but that just brought up my home page and no instalation.I searched under browse and msic.exe looked like it might be the right choice as it is the windows installer,but that just brought up the version of windows installer(4.5)and also no installation.The person that replied on Yahoo answers said to associate .msi with the proper program,but never said what it was.I don't even know if i'm on the right track with the association thing,but I do know nothing is working.I've tried repairing the windows installer which didn't help.I'm at a dead end short of doing a fresh install of Windows Home Basic which in my opinion stinks(No Media Center for starters)Anyone out there that might have a answer that I might be able to understand as I'm no a techie guru.I used to be able to build a computer,but 6 years ago I was in a coma and lost my short term memory.If you thought learning to read and your number stunk the first time around,try iy at 46.Thak god at 52 I've got past the hard part.Please help if you can and sorry about the rambling as it's just part of the head problem.

jmount1068, Aug 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements