Installation Failure Error Code: 0x800F020B HP LJ 4200 Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows Update' started by Adam Selene, Feb 25, 2007.

  1. Adam Selene

    Adam Selene Guest

    I'm getting this on my laptop. WXP SP2. Have deleted internet temporaries,
    history, etc.
    Still no go.
    Can anybody suggest a fix?
    TIA
    Adam
     
    Adam Selene, Feb 25, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Adam Selene

    Brewmanz Guest

    "Adam Selene" wrote:
    > I'm getting this on my laptop. WXP SP2. Have deleted internet temporaries,
    > history, etc.
    > Still no go.
    > Can anybody suggest a fix?
    > TIA
    > Adam


    I got this when installing MS updates (XP SP2) for option hardware hp color
    LaserJet 9500 MFP (DOT4). It was on the custom list, I didn't have that
    hardware (or driver, I guess), but decided to install it anyway. it failed
    with same code as you. According to
    http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/windows_update_codes.htm, 0x800F020B
    error means 'device instance does not exist'. That seemed to apply to me so I
    then tagged that update as 'Do not show'(?) and ignored it.
    Maybe they (HP? M$?) need to be contacted anyway about suggesting
    inappropriate updates!
    If you DO have that hardware, then I guess HP may be the people to contact.
    HTH
     
    Brewmanz, Feb 28, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Adam Selene

    Adam Selene Guest

    "Brewmanz" wrote:

    > "Adam Selene" wrote:
    > > I'm getting this on my laptop. WXP SP2. Have deleted internet temporaries,
    > > history, etc.
    > > Still no go.
    > > Can anybody suggest a fix?
    > > TIA
    > > Adam

    >
    > I got this when installing MS updates (XP SP2) for option hardware hp color
    > LaserJet 9500 MFP (DOT4). It was on the custom list, I didn't have that
    > hardware (or driver, I guess), but decided to install it anyway. it failed
    > with same code as you. According to
    > http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/windows_update_codes.htm, 0x800F020B
    > error means 'device instance does not exist'. That seemed to apply to me so I
    > then tagged that update as 'Do not show'(?) and ignored it.
    > Maybe they (HP? M$?) need to be contacted anyway about suggesting
    > inappropriate updates!
    > If you DO have that hardware, then I guess HP may be the people to contact.
    > HTH


    Well, it's really weird. A device instance DOES exist -- I can't imagine MS
    would be touting the update if it didn't. I don't know the significance of
    DOT4 -- seems to be used as a PORT identifier and my device uses a STD TCP/IP
    port.

    I wonder if it's really those "Universal" drivers HP is trying to peddle?
    Those don't look very appealing IMHO since they interfere with the Windows
    "look and feel". But then, so does VISTA so I guess they're entitled. :)
    Thanks,
    AS
     
    Adam Selene, Feb 28, 2007
    #3
  4. Adam Selene

    Bob L Guest

    I have exactly the same problem - same operating system, same update, same
    error code. Like Adam, I do not have this particular printer - although I do
    have other HP printers (2).

    I also tagged the update as "Do not show", which worked for a few days.
    Then, it reappeared again. Consequently, my system has attempted, and
    failed, to install this update on numerous occasions. I wish the suppress
    marker would work.
    --
    Bob


    "Adam Selene" wrote:

    >
    >
    > "Brewmanz" wrote:
    >
    > > "Adam Selene" wrote:
    > > > I'm getting this on my laptop. WXP SP2. Have deleted internet temporaries,
    > > > history, etc.
    > > > Still no go.
    > > > Can anybody suggest a fix?
    > > > TIA
    > > > Adam

    > >
    > > I got this when installing MS updates (XP SP2) for option hardware hp color
    > > LaserJet 9500 MFP (DOT4). It was on the custom list, I didn't have that
    > > hardware (or driver, I guess), but decided to install it anyway. it failed
    > > with same code as you. According to
    > > http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/archive/windows_update_codes.htm, 0x800F020B
    > > error means 'device instance does not exist'. That seemed to apply to me so I
    > > then tagged that update as 'Do not show'(?) and ignored it.
    > > Maybe they (HP? M$?) need to be contacted anyway about suggesting
    > > inappropriate updates!
    > > If you DO have that hardware, then I guess HP may be the people to contact.
    > > HTH

    >
    > Well, it's really weird. A device instance DOES exist -- I can't imagine MS
    > would be touting the update if it didn't. I don't know the significance of
    > DOT4 -- seems to be used as a PORT identifier and my device uses a STD TCP/IP
    > port.
    >
    > I wonder if it's really those "Universal" drivers HP is trying to peddle?
    > Those don't look very appealing IMHO since they interfere with the Windows
    > "look and feel". But then, so does VISTA so I guess they're entitled. :)
    > Thanks,
    > AS
     
    Bob L, May 25, 2007
    #4
  5. Bob L <> wrote:

    > I have exactly the same problem - same operating system, same update,
    > same error code. Like Adam, I do not have this particular printer -
    > although I do have other HP printers (2).
    >
    > I also tagged the update as "Do not show", which worked for a few
    > days. Then, it reappeared again. Consequently, my system has
    > attempted, and failed, to install this update on numerous occasions.


    I suggest that you go to the HP site at http://www.hp.com/ and ensure that
    you instal the latest drivers for whichever HP printers that you do have.
    This should prevent an update being detected in the future.

    --
    Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
     
    Robin Walker [MVP], May 25, 2007
    #5
  6. Adam Selene

    Bob L Guest

    Many thanks.

    I had done that already - and all HP drivers are up to date.
    --
    Bob


    "Robin Walker [MVP]" wrote:

    > Bob L <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have exactly the same problem - same operating system, same update,
    > > same error code. Like Adam, I do not have this particular printer -
    > > although I do have other HP printers (2).
    > >
    > > I also tagged the update as "Do not show", which worked for a few
    > > days. Then, it reappeared again. Consequently, my system has
    > > attempted, and failed, to install this update on numerous occasions.

    >
    > I suggest that you go to the HP site at http://www.hp.com/ and ensure that
    > you instal the latest drivers for whichever HP printers that you do have.
    > This should prevent an update being detected in the future.
    >
    > --
    > Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
    >
    >
    >
    >
     
    Bob L, May 25, 2007
    #6
  7. Adam Selene

    Bob L Guest

    I started a live chat with Hewlett Packard tech support. Toatally useless!
    Their recommended solution was to disable Microsoft Update!!
    --
    Bob


    "Robin Walker [MVP]" wrote:

    > Bob L <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have exactly the same problem - same operating system, same update,
    > > same error code. Like Adam, I do not have this particular printer -
    > > although I do have other HP printers (2).
    > >
    > > I also tagged the update as "Do not show", which worked for a few
    > > days. Then, it reappeared again. Consequently, my system has
    > > attempted, and failed, to install this update on numerous occasions.

    >
    > I suggest that you go to the HP site at http://www.hp.com/ and ensure that
    > you instal the latest drivers for whichever HP printers that you do have.
    > This should prevent an update being detected in the future.
    >
    > --
    > Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
    >
    >
    >
    >
     
    Bob L, May 25, 2007
    #7
  8. Adam Selene

    Dave Guest

    I am yet another victim of exactly the same thing as Adam. I also have the
    device. One thing that I did notice was that I can no longer set any of the
    properties in the printer dialog any more (when I click on preferences, I get
    an exception that some function caused a protection fault - I thought we were
    not supposed to get these anymore :) )

    Dave

    "Adam Selene" wrote:

    > I'm getting this on my laptop. WXP SP2. Have deleted internet temporaries,
    > history, etc.
    > Still no go.
    > Can anybody suggest a fix?
    > TIA
    > Adam
     
    Dave, Aug 24, 2007
    #8
  9. Adam Selene

    Guest

    This Windows error 0x800F020B occurs if the System file is missing and corrupt. You have to install the registry cleaner tool and run the antivirus System. It is necessary to recover missing and corrupt files from the System to fix Windows error 0x800F020B.
     
    , Mar 10, 2014
    #9
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.