Keeping Email Addresses from appearing on emails being sent

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Mail' started by wayfarer, Apr 6, 2008.

1. wayfarer

wayfarer Guest

Re" Using Windows Mail in Vista. I can't find a way to keep email addresses from appearing in the "to" line of an email I'm sending. I want to avoid sending out addresses over the internet.

In previous version of Outlook, I could specify a code name for a given address.

Does anyone know what I'm trying to describe? Any solutions? Thank you very much.

Wayfarer

wayfarer, Apr 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. wayfarer

garysgold Guest

garysgold, Apr 6, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. wayfarer

Dave Guest

We know what you mean, but it doesn't matter. The email address could be seen by the recipients, even if you didn't see it in Outlook/OE.
    Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail show both the contact name and their email address. You can't change it.
    If you send to multiple recipients, and don't wish them to see each other's address, put them in the BCC: field.
    If you don't see the BCC field, in the Compose message window, click on View - All Headers.

--
    Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
    http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Re" Using Windows Mail in Vista. I can't find a way to keep email addresses from appearing in the "to" line of an email I'm sending. I want to avoid sending out addresses over the internet.

In previous version of Outlook, I could specify a code name for a given address.

Does anyone know what I'm trying to describe? Any solutions? Thank you very much.

Wayfarer

Dave, Apr 6, 2008
  4. wayfarer

sherbert Guest

Even if the email address is not shown in the 'to' bit,all a recipient has to
    do is put the cursor over the name, right click click properties and hey
    presto the email address is there.

sherbert, Apr 6, 2008
  5. If an outgoing message doesn't have a delivery address, it won't send
    and won't be delivered.

Just because Outlook sort of hides the email address from you, doesn't
    mean it isn't there. When you send from Outlook it substitutes the real
    email address for the nickname you put in.
    --
    Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

Re" Using Windows Mail in Vista. I can't find a way to keep email addresses from appearing in the "to" line of an email I'm
    sending. I want to avoid sending out addresses over the internet.

Wayfarer

Gary VanderMolen, Apr 7, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question