Legacy Driver - WTF is the card?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Drivers' started by Timber, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Timber

Timber Guest

Hi

I have been learning (read oney's and the 2000 book) I can see and scan the PCI buss BUT I just realized the card I have (scrammnet memory card) isnt PNP. So after much crying and hating myself for not catching that ... its a PCI card w/fiber optic connections to other scrammnet cards on its network ... how do I find out where the card is (which slot) and what its i/o address and interupts are??

I wasnt finding much on these specifics in legacy reading. Its abudant for the PNP. Any help appreciated

Signed
    One guy who feels beat up and bruised badly by the WDM

Timber, Mar 1, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. All PCI cards *are* PNP. A driver may be a legacy one.

the PCI buss BUT I just realized the card I have (scrammnet memory card)
    isnt PNP. So after much crying and hating myself for not catching that ...
    its a PCI card w/fiber optic connections to other scrammnet cards on its
    network ... how do I find out where the card is (which slot) and what its
    i/o address and interupts are???
    for the PNP. Any help appreciated.

Alexander Grigoriev, Mar 1, 2004
    1. Advertisements

3. Timber

Timber Guest

Very interesting. When I scan the PCI buss for the card (using vender ID Obtained from some utilities) I never find it. I guess I must be doing it wrong ... any suggestions? I have read the samples in the DDK for Windows 2k. I guess I will have to take a third look at the code.

Is there a place in the registry or the hive where the O/S scans the data from the PNP manager has a list of cards or anything on the PCI buss?

Timber, Mar 2, 2004
  4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI

Eliyas Yakub [MSFT], Mar 2, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question