Life cam 2 way video call issues...am going insane!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Support' started by Smegg, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Smegg

Smegg

I am using Microsoft Live cam, n the life cam software it came with, obviously not running it when running Windows messenger though. I have tried running it through gmail chat witht the same result.
    I am connecting with a friend with the same camera, and the smae messenger. I can hear her, but when the video call connects, she is there for a few seconds, and then it freezes, and stays frozen. She can see me and hear me, but her video feed of herself at her end has been just a pic of the cam with a cross through it. I have looked at all the settings for software, messenger and audio settings for my computer as well. She is running Xp SP2, and I am running Vista 64 bit, although as the internet is an open platform, i dont think this really matters. Then last night we were playing with messenger, n downloaded sweetIM for fun, n when we tried to re-connect the video call so the kids to play with them with each other, she could see me and hear me, and the feed of herself on her computer actually ran for a second or 2 then froxe, and i had the smae result at my end of the feed of her, but I couldnt hear her at all, n when i spoke, i could hear distorted feedback coming from my speakers, as in when i said a word, it would come back out of my speakers, but sounded like a robot. HOW DO I GET THIS THING TO WORK< I HAVE BEEN PULLING MY HAIR OUT FOR 2 DAYS! I have run the audio n video wizard in life cam n is fine...its the sending n recieving, i thought it may be that her computers TCP addresses are all chewed up, n just cant fit in the extra video feed, maybe as a guess, but i cant find anything in her computer that would be doing it other than maybe iTunes or a free remote desktop program called Teamviewer, wich is not running all the time and does not run on start up only when we ask it to. To me it could be one of a hundred things, and have been pushed to the limit trying to work it out. ANd tried to get into Microsoft help and support, but it wanted a PID, and i can't find it, n when it wanted to find it, it wouldnt let me cos it said I have to be running as administrator BUT i checked it and I am....AHHHHHHH, TIME FOR A RE FORMAT!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Smegg, Aug 9, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Smegg

Goldcup

I am getting same problem did you sort the problem or can anyone help???

Goldcup, Oct 9, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question