Not getting all emails, sent ones not going through

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Mail' started by zykzoo, Jun 18, 2009.

  1. zykzoo

    zykzoo Guest

    Hi, I have not been getting all emails people send me, and sometimes emails I
    send are not getting there. No error or bounce back messages, it's like the
    emails just disappear in cyberspace. Just this morning, my hubby told me he
    sent an email, I did not get it and he did not get a bounce back. Happens
    frequently, not just with hubby but other people too. I've got Vista, I use
    Vista Mail, on a Dell Studio laptop I bought a few months ago. Problem
    seemed to start around the time I upgraded to IE8. Help!
     
    zykzoo, Jun 18, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. zykzoo

    VistaRookie Guest

    Try uninstalling IE8.

    How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8?:
    'How do I uninstall or remove Internet Explorer 8?'
    (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700)


    --
    VistaRookie

    10% of my brain lives with me. The other 90% can be found
    here:
    '*Google*' (http://www.google.com)
    Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
     
    VistaRookie, Jun 18, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. I'm sure the IE8 upgrade was coincidental. It has not been known to have
    any effect on the ability to send or receive emails.
    When messages go missing, the first place to check is your local spam
    folder, and if nothing is there, check the spam folder in webmail.
    Aside from messages being shunted to spam folders, some mail servers
    will drop suspected spam emails silently, without any bounce back notice.
    Who is your mail provider? Hotmail and AOL have some of the most
    draconian server-level spam filters.
     
    Gary VanderMolen, Jun 18, 2009
    #3
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.