Outlook / Windows Mail authorisation & password requests

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Support' started by frankiel194, Nov 12, 2013.

1. frankiel194

frankiel194

Until recently I had no lasting problems using my blueyonder e-mail account, but then I received a Windows Mail account / server authorisation and password request that will not activate or go away, and I haven't been able to access any incoming mail for more than 2 weeks. I have also just received notification from a regular contact that they have not been able to send me mail.
    I have tried to access the mail using a web-based service with no success, which had on previous occasions been possible.
    The message I keep getting is " Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Protocol error.', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18".
    This infuriating problem would suggest that I have been inputting wrong information, but although former requests (more than a year since) I believe were not "Windows Mail" authorisation requests, the details previously entered were accepted, and indeed I had been previously advised that similar (earlier) authorisation requests were being generated as a result of service provider errors. In fact these would previously stop when the problems had been resolved.
    Can anyone help a poor soul who's becoming increasingly frustrated not knowing where to go or what to try?

frankiel194, Nov 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements