Philips Satellite Set top box problemo....

Discussion in 'Windows Media Center' started by MCE Virgin, Jan 12, 2004.

1. MCE Virgin

MCE Virgin Guest

Hi there,
    I have MCE 2004 brand new and can't get it to control directtv's Philips set top box with the codes provided. Plus it won't learn the button's either. It just sits and goes through the press button 1, release button 1 circle over and over again.
    It is picking up a signal (light goes on) . Just the codes don't work and it won't learn
    Any ideas???
    Thanks

MCE Virgin, Jan 12, 2004
    1. Advertisements

2. After having the same problem....

The Philips box (DSX 5500 and 5540, or something like these) uses a 'toggle' bit, so basicly, if you press a button twice, it will send 2 different commands (which is why it cannot learn) I am working on getting or developing a fix - DirecTV told me just to get a new box, but I dont want to pay to replace my investment (and Philips make MCE remotes) Duh

----- MCE Virgin wrote: ----

Hi there
    I have MCE 2004 brand new and can't get it to control directtv's Philips set top box with the codes provided. Plus it won't learn the button's either. It just sits and goes through the press button 1, release button 1 circle over and over again
    It is picking up a signal (light goes on) . Just the codes don't work and it won't lear
    Any ideas??
    Thanks

thompsonchris, Jan 13, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question