printer driver-unwanted cursor movement

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Drivers' started by rockyh, May 7, 2004.

1. rockyh

rockyh Guest

Hi again
    I think this is an application thing, but maybe there is a way to set up my universal printer driver files to prevent this

I've built a printer driver using the Uni driver. I specify printer device fonts and associated UFM files. When I test my driver using Microsoft Word and select the printer fonts, occasionally in the middle of a stream of text on a line, an "x" cursor movement command appears. I don't understand why this is happening, and its messing up a feature of the printer. I have specified the width of the font glyphs in the UFM, which is fixed with all characters having the same width. So why does the cursor movement commands need to be interjected in there? I think it is WORD that is doing it, not the driver, but I'd like to prevent this from happening. I'm going to try a few dumb things, but maybe there is a smart way to fix

Thanks, Ashwin for your reply to my previous email (comment about OptionID needs to be greater than 512), it helped

rockyh, May 7, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question